BankRI Holiday Giving Tree Collects Nearly 1,400 Gifts for Underprivileged Kids
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
“Few things are more touching at this time of year than seeing a child’s face light up when they’re given a special gift for the holidays. And thanks to the generosity of so many across our communities, children who otherwise may not have received a present were able to experience the joy of the season while knowing others are thinking of them," said Mark Meiklejohn, President and CEO of BankRI.
Gifts included bicycles, Lego sets, dolls, board games, action figures, sports equipment and remote control cars , among other things.
The program began on the Friday after Thanksgiving when each BankRI branch displayed a Holiday Giving Tree that was decorated with the wishes of children served by that branch's nonprofit partner. Community members, bank customers and staff then chose ornaments to grant children's holiday wishes, returning to place the gifts under the Holiday Giving Tree.
The gifts were picked up by Bank RI's nonprofit partners and distributed in advance of December 22nd.
Bank Rhode Island
Bank Rhode Island is a full service, FDIC-insured financial institution headquartered in Providence.
For more information, click here.
- BankRI Announces Food Drive to Help Local Pantries
- BankRI Helps Meeting Street Exceed Fundraising Goal
- BankRI Grants $5K to Sophia Academy to Replace Stolen Computers
- BankRI Holiday Giving Tree Produces Hundreds of Gifts for Children
- Welcome to Business Monday: BankRIBizHub & GoLocalProv Partnership
- BankRI Supports Steel Yard’s ‘Weld To Work’ Program
- BankRI Kicks Off Holiday Giving Tree Program
- BankRI Donates $5K to Latino Public Radio
- BankRI Helps Send Hope High to Edinburgh Festival
- NEW: BankRI Donates $2K to Capital Good Fund
- Former BankRI CEO Lands $300/Hour Gig Mediating Foreclosures
- BankRI Launches 4th Annual Children’s Book Drive
- BankRI Expands into South County with New Wakefield Location
- NEW: BankRI to Open 20th Branch in New Middletown Location
- BankRI Awards Clinica Esperanza/Hope Clinic With $4,250 Grant
- BankRI Finances 30,000 Sq. Ft. Construction Project with $5.57 Million
- BankRI Introduces New Mobile Banking Features
- BankRI Celebrates Opening of East Providence Branch
- BankRI, Books Are Wings Team Up for 2,000 Books For Students
- BankRI and Books Are Wings Host March Book Drive for RI Literacy
- BankRI Book Drive Generates Nearly 2,000 Books
- BankRI Independence Day Celebration Rescheduled for July 5
- BankRI Launches Seven Week Food Drive
- BankRI’s “Holiday Giving Tree” Brightens Season for Hundreds of Kids
- BankRI Provides $1 Million to Refinance The Arcade