Back To School Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Make Mornings Easier
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Here are 5 tips to make your weekday school mornings easier.
1. Plan and prepare outfits.
Plan outfits for the school week on Sunday. Prep everything from shoes, clothes, accessories, underwear and socks. Iron everything. Line up the outfits in the closet Monday-Friday. If you must, you can create handmade tags with the days of the week on them and hang them over the hanger. Kids know exactly what they are wearing and won't waste time in the morning trying to figure out what to wear. If they want to participate, definitely include them in the process.
2. Prepare lunches and snacks ahead of time.
On Sunday, portion out and prepare snacks. This is one less thing you have to do during the week. Grab and go. Prepare lunches the night before. Any food you can prepare ahead of time, go for it! It’s one less thing you have to think of during the week.
3. Organize back packs.
Go through and organize backpacks the night before so in the morning kids can just grab and go. Be sure the night before everything is in the back pack so the morning of kids aren’t scurrying around wondering if they forgot something. Get your kids in the habit of checking their backpacks every night.
4. Check the school schedule for gym classes, art classes.
Pack what you can ahead of time. Be sure to mark all activities on the calendar. Write down everything on the calendar and also give your kids a calendar of their own so they are also aware of upcoming activities/events.
Have your children practice these routines. They will become habits. Two months into the school year they will have structure and stress free mornings.
Follow these tips above and you and your family will reap the benefits of being organized. You will have more time to enjoy breakfast and spend with your family. Your kids will thank you for giving them this structure. Next week’s topic: Tips for back to school shopping.
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Stay On Top Of Your Mail
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Organize Your Pets
- Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Managing Family Paperwork
- Organize + Energize: 4 Steps To Combat Mental Overload
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Stay Organized For Summer Outings
- Organize + Energize: The Power of a Closet Purge
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Get More Free Time
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways to Save Money + Time At The Market
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Linen Closet
- Organize + Energize: 7 Tips On Clearing Mental Clutter
- Organize + Energize: Be Ready For Emergencies
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To Organizing Your Office
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Maximize Your Space
- Organize + Energize: Getting Rid Of All That Stuff
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To a Clutter-Free Bedroom
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Kids
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Have The Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Save Time
- Organize + Energize: Smart Packing For Spring Travel
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Organize Your Kids’ Clothing
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Keep Clutter Out Of Your Kitchen
- Organize + Energize: Spring Cleaning + Your Medicine Cabinet