Alex and Ani and Plan International USA Team to Create “Because I Am a Girl”
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Twenty percent (20%) of the sale of each bangle, affordably priced at $28.00, will go to Plan International USA to benefit its Because I Am a Girl Initiative.
"This effort is particularly special to us because our company was the unique creation of Carolyn Rafaelian, the head designer, owner, and inspirational female entrepreneur. Alex and Ani represents the strength of many women who contribute their talents on a daily basis. We are extremely excited to launch the ‘Because I am a Girl’ Bangle for an organization that empowers females of all ages to contribute positively to their communities. All young women deserve to be dreamers and doers," said Nicki Castonguay, Vice President of Alex and Ani’s Charity by Design division,
‘Because I am a girl, I am born to nurture. I am born to love. I am instinctual and perfectly in tune with nature. I am born to achieve. I am capable. I am brave. I am born to inspire others, and I am a blessing to the world.’
The “Because I Am a Girl” Expandable Wire Bangle is being launched to coincide with the commemoration of International Women’s Day. It will be available at Alex and Ani retail locations, online at http://www.alexandani.com, and at our authorized retailers immediately.
- Alex and Ani Creates HERO Charm Bangle to Benefit Hasbro
- Alex and Ani Creates Limited Edition Charms for Newport Festivals
- Alex and Ani Named One of Best Places to Work
- NEW: Alex and Ani Creates Commemorative Bangles for 9/11
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Bryant University
- NEW: Alex and Ani Hit Silver Screen
- NEW: Alex and Ani Named One of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies
- Alex and Ani CEO Speaks at Bryant’s World Trade Day Kickoff Event