5 Weekend Musts: Columbus Day Festivals + More
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Federal Hill Columbus Day Festival, Providence
Saturday-Monday You have not lived if you have not joined the crazy crowds that pack Providence's Federal Hill for this annual riot of food, music, parading, and more food. Parade kicks off Sunday at 11am, and the good times roll all weekend: Saturday 10am-11pm, Sunday 11am-11pm, and Monday 11am-8pm. Atwells Avenue, Providence.
35th Annual Autumnfest, Woonsocket
Saturday-Monday The Blackstone River Valley's largest annual family festival includes entertainment, kidfest, arts and crafts, food concessions, sporting events, a gigantic midway, fireworks, ten division Columbus Day Parade, consumer showcase, and Rotary beer tent. Free admission. Saturday 10:00am to 9:30pm, Sunday 10:00am to 9:30pm, Monday 10:00am to 6:15pm. Fireworks on Sunday October 13th at 9:00pm. Parade on Monday October 14th at 9:30am. World War II Memorial State Park, Social Street, Woonsocket. 401-768-3460.
2013 Scituate Art Festival, Scituate
Saturday-Monday A Columbus Day Weekend Rhode Island classic. 300+ artists and craftspeople, 30 antiques dealers, arts and crafts raffle, musical entertainement, regional and ethnic foods. Don't miss it. Free. 10:00am–5:00pm, 10:00am–5:00pm, 10:00am–4:00pm. Village Green, Route 116, North Scituate. 401-647-0057.
Guy Fawkes Bonfire Night, Westerly
Saturday The Annual Guy Fawkes Bonfire Night featuring "The Misquamicut Players", a group of local actors (The Misquamicut Players) and "King Crimson's Jesters" an ensemble of local musicians, will also feature a large bonfire, live music by The Beach Band, the Westerly Morris Men, Kentish Guards Fife and Drum as well as a reenactment of Guy Fawke's trial. This year is a special tribute to the music of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. 7pm. The Andrea, 89 Atlantic Ave, Westerly.
66th Annual Columbus Day Parade, Westerly
Sunday Enjoy this old-style parade featuring marchers, floats, and live bands. Procession departs at 1:10 p.m. Rain Date is Monday, October 14, 2013, at 1:00 pm. Free. Corner of Tower and Granite streets, Westerly. 401-596-7761.
Bristol County Lions Club Annual Wine and Beer Festival and East Bay Pizza Challenge, Bristol
Friday Get your weekend off to a great start and help local charities including Ronald McDonald House, Cancer and Children, RI Food Bank and local food pantries, Sight Foundation and Adopt a Family. Sample wine and beer and weigh in on the Pizza Challenge--what's not to love about that? Tickets $35. 6-9pm. Linden Place Ballroom, 500 Hope Street, Bristol. For more information and tickets call 401-225-0540.
Steve Latimer 5K, Providence
Saturday Steve Latimer was two days shy of his 24th birthday when he was fatally shot in an act of senseless violence. This family-oriented race helps keep Latimer’s memory alive while bringing further awareness of these types of acts. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Kids 1K Fun Run starts at 9:30 a.m. followed by the main event at 10 a.m. Fees for the run/walk are $24/adult; $10/child 12 & under or by mail $27/adult; $12/child 12 & under if registered on or before October 10. On event day, the cost to participate is $30/adult; $13/child 12 & under. Roger Williams Park, Providence. www.sklmemorialfoundation.org
- 5 Weekend Musts: Cluny Country Fair + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: La Cage Aux Folles At Ocean State Theatre
- 5 Weekend Musts: Providence County Kennel Club Dog Show + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: CumberlandFest + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Meet The Paw Sox + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Spring Beer Festival + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Daffodils at Blithewold + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Misquamicut FallFest + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Stomp! in Providence + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Dandies in Providence, Beer in Newport + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Misquamicut Springfest + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: The Circus Comes To Providence + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Apple + Pumpkin Festivals
- 5 Weekend Musts: Day of Portugal + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Newport International Polo Series + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Washington County Fair + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Bake On The Beach In Middletown + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Elephant Birthday Parties + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Newport Kite Festival + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Cats the Musical + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Fall Ethnic + Cultural Festivals
- 5 Weekend Musts: Norman Bird Sanctuary Harvest Fair + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Chowder in Newport + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: First Full WaterFire Of The Season + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Pirates of Penzance + More