5 Weekend Musts: Christmas Weekend Shows, Concerts + More
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Winter Wonderettes, Warwick
Saturday- Sunday Put some "nice" up against your "naughty" with this charming musical at Ocean State Theatre. Missy, Suzy, Betty Jean, and Cindy Lou help you ring in the holidays as the girls at Harper’s Hardware prepare for their 1968 holiday party. The Marvelous Wonderettes bring their signature harmony to songs from “O Tannenbaum” and “Winter Wonderland” to “Mele Kalikimaka” and “Jingle Bell Rock.” Loads of fun for the whole family. Shows at 1:30 and 6:30pm on Saturday, 1:30pm on Sunday. 1245 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick. (401) 921-6800. www.oceanstatetheatre.org.
Aine Minogue's Winter Solstice Concert, Portsmouth
Saturday Enjoy Aine Minogue’s 17th Annual Winter Solstice Concert. A beautiful musical exploration into Irish sound, Minogue’s celtic lyricism is the perfect way to celebrate the Winter Solstice. Doors 7pm, Show 8 pm. Common Fence Music, 933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth. Call 401-683-5085 or click here for more information.
Blackstone Valley Polar Express, Woonsocket
'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Providence
Friday Don’t miss the chance to see the Providence Ballet Theatre’s special performance this weekend: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Inspired by the famous poem, the ballet production will feature delectable sugar plums, St. Nicolas, snowfall, puppetry, and local children alongside the professional dancers of Providence Ballet Theatre. It’s something beautiful and festive for all ages. 7:30pm. Admission: $30.00 General; $20.00 Seniors; $15.00 Students & Children. Sapinsley Hall, in the Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts, Rhode Island College, 600 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Providence. Call (401) 456-8144 or click here for more information.
Annual Holiday Art Show & Sale, Warwick
Friday-Saturday Take the chance to find that special something for the elusive Christmas gift and support local artists at Warwick Museum of Art’s Holiday Art Show, open for its last weekend. With a wide selection of unique, handmade crafts of all sorts from beautiful ornaments to paintings and jewelry, there’s something for everyone on your Christmas list. 12:30-5:40 pm. Warwick Museum of Art, 3259 Post Road, Warwick. Click here for more information.
Lisa Landry Stand-up Comedy, East Providence
Sunday Laugh your holiday stress away with stand-up comedian Lisa Landry. Landry has performed at venues all across the country, appeared on CBS’s “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”, and starred in “Comedy Central Presents Lisa Landry.” The nationally loved comedian will make your sides burn with laughter. Comedy Connection, 39 Warren Ave, East Providence. Click here for more information.
It's A Punk Rock Christmas, Providence
Saturday Get your rock on and dance in the holidays with a bunch of local bands playing at Firehouse 13. Bands include Proud of Stupid Things, Revilers, The Usual Suspects, Subsystem, and Vague Perception. Doors 8pm, Show 9pm. Admission: $6. Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence. Call (401) 270-1801 or click here for more information.
- DESIGN LINE: Great Local Finds For Your Holiday Table
- Gift Guide 2012: Great Rhode Island Gifts for Her
- Great Grab-and-Go Holiday Food in RI + Where To Get It
- Rhode Island Holiday Events For The Naughty And Nice
- Gift Guide 2012: Local Gifts Under $25
- Holiday Etiquette: How To Make Holiday Table Conversation
- The LOOK: Holiday Hair Glamour
- 10 Organizing Tips for Reducing Your Holiday Stress
- State House Holiday Concerts Feature 3500 RI Children, 66 Schools
- 10 Tips To Survive (And Enjoy) The Holidays—Butler Expert
- DESIGN LINE: Rhode Island Art Under $500
- 2012 Guide To Holiday Tipping
- Gift Guide 2012: Great Gifts for Dog Lovers
- Best Holiday Craft Fairs + Gift Shows in Rhode Island
- Gift Guide 2012: Great Gifts for Food Lovers
- Gift Guide 2012: Holiday Gifts That Are Pure Rhode Island
- Gift Guide 2012: Great Rhode Island Gifts for Beer Lovers