5 Weekend Musts: Cats the Musical + More
Thursday, July 04, 2013
Cats the Musical, Matunuck
Saturday Head down to the Theatre by the Sea and see a spectacular musical performance of Cats. This famous musical is one of the longest running in American musical theatre history and is an instant classic. Based on Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Elliot, Cats is a perfect summer show for the whole family. 4pm and 8pm. Theatre By The Sea, 364 Cards Pond Road, Matunuck. $39-59. For more information, click here.
Arthur Medeiros Swing Band, Pawtucket
Sunday Close out the weekend with a night of relaxation and enjoyment. A Pawtucket fan favorite, the Arthur Medeiros Swing Band have been playing in the area for many years and will performing at the Veterans Amphitheater for free! If you can’t make the concert, the band will be back August 4th. 6pm. Veterans’ Amphitheater, Pawtucket. Free admission. For more information, click here.
Falling Thru the Cracks with Rich and Dudes, Cranston
Family Weekend at the Tennis Hall of Fame, Newport
Saturday-Sunday Make sure you don’t miss out on all the fun that is going down at the Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend! There will be loads of activities including museum tours, scavenger hunts, face painting, Wii tennis, tennis-themed crafts, and dress up with photos in old-fashion tennis costumes. There will also be professionals on hand teaching clinics for the kids and competing in professional matches for the Hall of Fame Tennis Championship. 10am-3pm. International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum, 194 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. Children: $6, Adults: $12, Hall of Fame Members: free. For more information, click here.
Newport Gulls vs. Plymouth Pilgrams, Newport
Friday What better way to celebrate America’s independence than enjoying America’s favorite pastime? A baseball game is a perfect family event and the Newport Gulls could use your support as they take on the Plymouth Pilgrams this Friday. The Gulls currently are first in the division and have gone 8-2 in their last 10 games. 6:35pm. Cardines Field, 20 America's Cup Avenue, Newport. Adults: $4, Children: $2. For more information, click here.
- Cranston’s Anthony Meo Moving Up Professional Baseball Ranks
- Bristol Fourth of July Parade in Pictures
- Statewide Guide to Fourth of July Weekend
- Former RI High School Baseball Standouts Starring at URI
- Bristol’s 225th Fourth of July Celebration
- Statewide Guide to RI’s Fourth of July Events
- Kevin Costner to Play Cranston’s Park Theatre
- Fourth of July Weekend in Newport
- Your Guide to Fourth of July in Rhode Island
- Theater Review: Personal Politics Light Up ‘After The Revolution’
- Fourth of July in Bristol
- Theater Review: Poe, at Trinity Rep
- Fourth of July in Newport
- Theater Review: Trinity’s Clybourne Park
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Theater Review: Trinity’s His Girl Friday
- How to Keep Kids Safe on the Fourth of July
- 5 Weekend Musts: Theatre by the Sea & More
- Theater Review: Why Torture Is Wrong, and the People Who Love Them, at the Gamm
- Statewide Guide to Fourth of July Events