5 Live Music Musts - June 20, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
The Blackstone River Theatre Solstice Festival
A hidden gem of a festival is happening tomorrow at the Diamond Hill Park in Cumberland. The 4th Annual Blackstone River Theatre Solstice Festival is tomorrow and features an array of great music. As always, the theme is Celtic, with bands like Cantrip, Robbie O'Connell & Aoife Clancy and Pendragon scheduled to appear. Click here for the complete schedule. In addition to the music, there will be food trucks, vendors, a children’s stage and Irish dance. The all day (11AM-7PM) festival has tickets priced at $15.00, seniors $10, children $5.00, and children 5-and-under free.
Ziggy Marley in Newport
International Reggae superstar Ziggy Marley comes the Newport Yachting Center tonight as part of the Newport Summer Concert Series. You can expect to hear a lot from Marley’s recent release Fly Rasta, which has garnered great reviews and is the top selling reggae album of the year. High Hopes, a popular Boston Reggae act, opens on the Main Stage at 7PM, with Louie Leeman playing at 6PM on the "Hear In Rhode Island” Point Stage. Word on the street is that it’s close to a sell out – a few general admission tickets remain starting at $31.50.
Bob Kendall Band at Narrows Center
It's a busy weekend for local stars at The Narrows Center starting tonight with a record release party from the Bob Kendall Band. Bob just released a rocking new album on Rhode Island's 75 or Less label, humbly titled Bob Kendall. The album is a well-produced Americana blend with influences ranging from Byrds-like jingle jangle 12 string guitar, harmonies like the Beach Boys (Dazed), and production effects rivaling the sounds of Wilco. Kendall has opened for artists as diverse as REM, The Replacements and Billy Bragg. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 day of show. Local rockers Smith and Weeden open at 8PM. Be there!
Allysen Callery at Sandywoods
Singer-Songwriter Allysen Callery headlines a show at Sandywoods tomorrow night, along with fellow folkies Ryan Lee Crosby and Lys Guillorn. If you haven’t heard Callery’s lush vocals and distinct guitar phrasings, it’s time to check out the “ghost-folk” artist, who sounds especially strong in an intimate venue like Sandywoods. The longest day of the year is a beautiful time to head to the artist/agricultural community that is Sandywoods. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door. Show is at 7:30PM.
Iron and Wine at Columbus
Next Tuesday June 24, singer-songwriter extraordinaire Iron and Wine plays the Columbus Theatre in Providence. The Indie sensation is really artist Sam Beam, who released his latest (jazz influenced) album Ghost on Ghost, about a year ago. Doors at 7PM, show is at 8PM, and tickets are $40 in advance, $45 day of show. No opening act announced, expect a great night of music!
Related Slideshow: Mojo Photography: Ringo Starr at PPAC
Rick Farrell of Mojo Photography in Riverside was at the Providence Performing Arts Center to give GoLocalProv readers an all-access pass to Ringo Starr and his "All Starr Band" live in concert.
- 5 Live Music Musts: December 27, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts – December 20, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: January 24, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts – January 31, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts – February 14, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts - February 21st, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts - February 28th, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts—June 13, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts – May 2, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: March 21, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts—May 23, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts—May 30, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts—June 6, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: March 14, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: March 7, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts - February 7th, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: January 3, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: January 10, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: November 8, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: November 15, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: November 22, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: November 28, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: January 17, 2014
- 5 Live Music Musts: December 13, 2013
- 5 Live Music Musts: December 6, 2013