5 Live Music Musts: Friday, May 10th, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
Start off on Friday May 10 at the Narrows Center where Rockabilly legend Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys invades Fall River. Big Sandy bleeds vintage, presenting a country swing/western boogie sound. Girls, Guns and Glory, a well known and well loved Boston based Roots/Americana band, open the show at 8:00 PM.
Also on Friday, Malyssa & The Liberators have their EP Release Show @ Firehouse 13. An awesome local rock & roll power trio consisting of singer-songwriter Malyssa Bellarosa, SexCoffee's Charlene DeNardo on bass, and Viking Jesus' Nick "The Pipe" Iddon on drums, the band will be celebrating the release of their self-titled EP with Pixels, The Evil Streaks and Vulgarrity joining the party. Show starts at 9:00 PM.
With the release of his new album 12 Reasons To Die, Wu-Tang's Ghostface Killah will be bringing a hip-hop show for the ages at The Met in Pawtucket on Saturday night. Adrian Younges Venice Dawn is there too. Show starts at 9:00 PM.
From another end of the musical spectrum, Bristol’s Stone Church Coffeehouse has K.C. Moaners and the Brush Your Teeth Band, featuring 11 year old guitarist Thatcher Harrison. Playing early Blues and Americana, K.C. Moaners is a jug band based in Rhode Island.
Finally, UK Glam-rockers The Darkness will be at Lupo's on Monday May 13 for what should be a raucous time. Philadelphia rock & rollers Free Energy will be opening up so get there early. Show starts at 9pm.
- MUSIC: Vudu Sister Releases Household Items at Columbus Theatre
- MUSIC: The Feelies at RI Record Day, Les Sampou at Sandywoods
- MUSIC: Brown Bird Celebrates Release Of Fits Of Reason At The Met
- MUSIC: Carolina Chocolate Drops at Lupo’s
- MUSIC: GZA Enlightens Minds At Fete
- MUSIC: He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister at Fete
- MUSIC: RI Music Hall of Fame Inducts Geremia, Cowsills, The Nakeds
- MUSIC: Lucero Brings The Rock and Roll To The Met