slides: 25 Things To Look Forward To This Spring In New England
Sunday, March 20, 2016
Boston Calling, Golf Season, Beer and Wine Festivals and so much more are all on the list of things to look forward to this Spring.
Check out our list of things we're looking forward to this spring in the slideshow below!
Related Slideshow: 25 Reasons to Look Forward to Spring
Newport Craft Beer Festival
The 4th annual Newport Craft Beer Festival is set for Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30th at Newport Storm Brewery.
The event will bring in brewers from as far away as California and as close as Newport.
it is a 21+ celebration.
Lower Heating Bills
As winter will come to a close New Englanders could look forward to spending less money on heating bills. Although the bitter cold is hitting New England hard, and also therefore hitting their wallets hard, this brutal cold streak will soon come to an end and we'll be able to turn down our thermostats save some cash.
photo credit: Images Money/Flickr
Once the streets are clear of ice and snow and the temperatures rise, one of the most fun things to do in New England is to jump on a bike and go for a nice long ride. There are plenty of bike paths to explore at your leisure, and many cities like Providence, Boston, and Worcester are beginning to make city streets much more bike friendly.
photo credit: Mt. Hood Territory/Flickr
Get your rods and reels ready because with the approach of warmer weather comes the return of fishing seasons. While some New England states allow for fishing year round, many New England states have opening days for trout fishing that begin in early April. Although there is still a plentiful amount of snow on the ground, fishing season is right around the corner.
photo credit: Grand River Conservation Authority/Flickr
1st Annual Spring Festival at Purple Cat Winery
The Purple Cat Winery will host the first annual Spring Festival which will include live music, food trucks, face painting, kids bouncy house, wine tastings, indoor and outdoor vendors as well as local artisans
- NEW: Car Crashes Through Shop on Spring Street in Newport
- College Admissions: Avoiding Senioritis and Spring Meltdown
- Fit For Life: Happy Spring – Panic Time!
- Personal Tech for Women: 5 Things You Need to Know About Fun Gadgets for Spring
- RI Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- Leonard Moorehead, The Urban Gardener: Spring Busts Out!
- Leonard Moorehead, The Urban Gardener: Spring into Action
- The 30 Hottest Spring & Summer Concerts Coming to New England
- Mayor Elorza Launches “Buy Into Spring” Campaign
- Planting a Medicinal Garden this Spring
- RI’s Star Company Teespring is moving its Operations to San Francisco and Kentucky
- Moore: Forget GE, RI Can’t Even Retain Teespring
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Gleeful Spring Approaches
- Better Business Bureau Warns of Spring Time Scams
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Seven Spring Break Tips
- Robert Redford to Film Movie in Rhode Island This Spring
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Spring, Ever so Sweet
- Salve Regina Dancers to Present Spring Concert at Casino Theatre
- 1st Annual Spring Festival Coming to Purple Cat Winery
- Crate and Barrel Coming to Garden City Center in Spring of 2016
- RI-Based SquadLocker Taps Tech Veteran - Seeks to be “Teespring” of Team Sports
- Shooting Near Planned Parenthood Clinic in Colorado Springs
- Dunkin’ Donuts Center to Welcome 4 Bands For Spring Fling Rock AF 2016
- Fit For Life: Spring Forward…Now, REST!