20 Restaurants, Galleries & Stores to Take Part in Annual Federal Hill Stroll
Thursday, May 24, 2018
The stroll will take place on Tuesday, June 5 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Admission is $30 plus tax, which includes an entrance button, two free beverage coupons, and a special map to guide attendees to participating establishments.
Visitors to the Stroll can sample dishes from Federal Hill’s restaurants and receive discounts from participating stores and galleries.
Participating venues include Blend, Caffé Dolce Vita, Carrara's Women's Shoes, Caserta Pizzeria, Chef Ho's, DaVinci Ristorante & Lounge, Don Jose Tequilas, Dreamy Venice, Gallery Z, Garbolino, Inc., Harry's Bar & Burger, Lucia's Mexican Restaurant, Massimo Ristorante, Opa, Pane e Vino Ristorante, Ristorante Roma, Scialo Bros. Bakery, Siena, Tavolo Wine Bar & Tuscan Grille, and Trattoria Zooma.
King of the Hill to Be Named
The stroll will continue the tradition of naming a “King of the Hill.”
The contest, in which Stroll attendees cast a vote for their favorite participating venue, awards $1,000 to the winning venue.
Stroll-goers may also vote for the “Most Creative” stop on the Stroll.
The two awards for 2018 will be announced by GoProvidence on June 6.
For participating in the voting, one ballot will also be drawn at random, with the winner receiving a complimentary dinner for two at a Federal Hill restaurant.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2018
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 1 to June 10 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Leslie Odom Jr. and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 7 to June 10.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 20-22 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2018
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 10 to Sunday, August 12.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2018 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the 5th consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Federal Hill House Names Fernandez Executive Director
- Tavolo Owner Mello Talks About New Federal Hill Location on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill Launches Summer Festival
- Federal Hill Business Launch Petition to Remove Parking Meters
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Chef Billy Manzo Joins LIVE’s The Taste to Talk His New Restaurant
- Cristiano Labia Makes the Connection Between Italy and Customers at Two Federal Hill Restaurants
- “Little Italy” Proposed as New Brand for Federal Hill
- Political & Historic Art Exhibit at Federal Hill’s Gallery Z
- Suspect in Federal Hill Dolce Villa Robbery Arrested
- Federal Hill’s Massimo Restaurant Announces Monthly Wine Dinner Series
- Zooma’s Bisceglia Highlights the Federal Hill Summer Fest on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill’s Gallery Z to Host Local Artists Exhibit in July
- Federal Hill’s Gallery Z in Final Week of Affordable Art Exhibit
- Federal Hill’s Via Roma to Host Christmas Dinner Show
- Federal Hill’s Gallery Z to Celebrate 18 Years With New Exhibit
- Federal Hill Frustration Mounts Over Lack of “Little Italy” Progress with RIDOT
- Federal Hill State Senate Candidate Autiello on Why He is Running, on LIVE
- VIDEO: Burning Car Blackens Sky Over Providence’s Federal Hill
- Federal HIll Commerce Assoc.‘s Tarro Highlights the Columbus Day Festival on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill’s Pane E Vino to Offer Black Truffles from Italy
- NEW: Pride Flags Reportedly Torn Down in Providence’s Federal Hill
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Manzo Shares Personal Connection to Breast Cancer on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill’s Columbus Day Festival Announces Grand Marshalls and Event Details
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Manzo Discusses His NonProfit “Chefs Feeding Kids” on LIVE’s The Taste