12 to Watch in 2012: Libby Slader
Friday, December 30, 2011
Slader has made a visible splash since returning to her native Rhode Island in 2000 after working and living in Boston, Los Angeles, and New York. The recent redesign of the popular Tazza Cafe bears her signature
But restaurants are not all Slader can do: she snagged the prestigious nod to design the new interiors for 38 Studios, the high-profile video game company that opened in Providence in the spring of this year. Slader is no stranger to visual clients: she was the Manager of Design at Sony Pictures Entertainment in Culver City, CA.
This eclectic talent has also had a hand in some of Rhode Island's adaptive reuse projects. While at Morris Nathanson studios in Pawtucket before striking out on her own, Slader worked on the award-winning adaptive refuse of Royal Mills in West Warwick, as well as Rising Sun Mills and Bourne Mills, both in Providence.
A member of the RISD community as an instructor in the Continuing Education department and a member of the board of Rhode Island Citizens for the Arts, this designer is poised for an even higher profile in 2012.
- 12 to Watch in 2012
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Achievement First
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Ed Cooley
- 12 to Watch in 2012: George Zainyeh
- 12 to Watch in 2012: J. Patrick O’Neill
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Jim Bennett
- 12 to Watch in 2012: John Taylor
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Libby Kimzey
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Libby Slader
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Matt Jennings
- 12 to Watch in 2012: The Race in Congressional District 1
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Andrea Valentini
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Julie Sygiel