slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 9, 2016
Friday, September 09, 2016
This weekend's events include a wine run at Newport Vineyards, a Peter Pan play at Fort Adams and so much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below!
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 9, 2016
Second Star To The Right: A Tale Of Hook And Pan at Fort Adams
This is the final day of the show and you don't want to miss it.
The play features incredible dancing and singing while telling a tale from the famous rivalry between Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
ACT Harvest Festival 2016
Celebrate the culmination of Aquidneck Community Table's 2016 Food Challenge and the high point of the growing season on the lawn of the Great Friends Meeting House! Please bring picnic supplies (blankets, plates, cutlery) and food to share.
Crustacean Nation at Save The Bay
Crustacean Nation at Save The Bay runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Crustacean nation is the theme at Save The Bay’s Exploration Center and Aquarium next month. September is all about Captivating Crustaceans, giving visitors a chance to learn all about these special ocean critters.
StarRide16 at Ocean Drive
The fifth annual family bike, walk or run event to benefit Star Kids Scholarship Program. There are several routes from which to choose all beginning on beautiful Ocean Drive, ranging from 3 to 45 miles.
Participants can ride their bikes, walk or run. Food, fun and opening of the treasure boxes happens post ride.
New England Festival of Hope
This year's festival is dedicated to those who lost their lives in the September 11 attacks.
The speakers at this year's festival includeDwight Evans, Hall of Famer Red Sox Right Fielder & his wife Susan Severson;
Kevin Robinson (K-Rob), BMX Guiness World Record Holder, New England Revolutions Midfielder Teal Bunberry, RI Senate President M. Teresa Paiva Weed, City of Newport Vice Chair Marco T. Camacho, representatives from local Police and Fire Departments, and the Navy Band Northeast Ceremonial Band.
The Wine Run at Newport Vineyards
The Wine Run at Newport Vineyards takes place on Sunday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The course is less than 4 miles long and consists of trails along the Aquidneck Land Trust’s Sakonnet Greenway Trail and in the Vineyard, amongst the grape varieties.
Following by the race will be a wine tasting and BBQ in the vineyard, with live music. Every runner will receive a souvenir glass, wine tasting and dinner.
Waterscapes: Islamic Architecture and Art from Doris Duke's Shangri La
Open from 12:30 p.m .to 5 p.m.
Two of Duke's greatest passions--her love of the water; and, her love of Islamic art and architecture--came together spectacularly at Shangri La, her exotic ocean front estate in Honolulu and the only home she built for herself from ground up beginning in the late 1930s.
Waterscapes explores the theme of water through objects on loan from Shangri La; photographs of the property and other historic sites that inspired its many fountains, pools, and cascades; and home movies from Duke's travels in North Africa, the Middle East, and India to buy art and furnishings for the house.
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 29
- 10 Don’t Miss Acts at 2016 Newport Jazz
- Official World Premiere of “PELL” in Newport at Jane Pickens Theater
- 2016 Newport Jazz Festival in Pictures
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Best Guests Ever + More
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Hot and Cold Etiquette
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Sunday Highlights
- Local Bands to Play Newport Folk This Weekend
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 22
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Friday Highlights
- 2016 Newport Folk Festival - Saturday Highlights
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 5
- Newport Hospital to Host Fall into Fitness 5k Race/Walk
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 26, 2016
- MUST SEE: Amazing Drone Video of Newport
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Overnight Guests
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 2, 2016
- Newport’s Historic Swanhurst Carriage House Sold Over $3 Million
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Good Guests Bad Guests
- Newport Jazz Fest 2016 Brings in Over 24,000 Fans
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Rudeness
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 12, 2016
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Children at Weddings
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - August 19
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: The Engagement Party