10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 23, 2018
Friday, November 23, 2018
This weekend’s events include the Illuminated Boat Parade, the Nutcracker at Rosecliff, the Little Picture show and more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 23, 2018
Illuminated Boat Parade at Newport Harbor
The Newport Illuminated Boat Parade kicks off the holiday season with boats designed with festive holiday decor and lights as they coast through the harbor.
The event begins at 6 p.m.
A Doublewide Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
In this outrageously funny comedy, it’s Christmastime in the newest—and tiniest—town in Texas. And it’s beginning to look a lot like trouble in Doublewide. Not only are the trailer park residents dealing with the stress of the holiday season, but they’ve just discovered that Doublewide is being doubled-crossed by the County. Spend the Yuletide in Doublewide and let this hilarious Jones Hope Wooten Comedy make your Christmas merry and bright…because there’s no place like a good ol’ Texas-sized mobile home for the holidays!
The show goes from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Flights of Fancy at Emmanuel Church
Seele Musicale Chamber Ensemble will bring together the unique beauty and sound of individual instruments in a performance of baroque masterpieces by Telemann and Handel.
The ensemble will take the audience on a journey of audible splendor taking flights of fancy to celebrate the Joys of the Holiday Season, with recorder, flute, oboe, strings, harpsichord and voice.
The event begins at 7 p.m.
Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
Join IMC this holiday season for the one-of-a-kind performance of The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff.
Set within salons and ballroom and the iconic staircase of Rosecliff Mansion, this one-of-a-kind ballet is perfect for your whole family!
The event goes from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Annual Little PIcture Show at Spring Bull Gallery
There are small artistic treasures in oils, watercolors, pastels, graphics, welded metal sculptures, stoneware and other media to be found here at the gallery for the next two months as we enter into the holiday gift giving season. Work changes daily as new art replaces sold pieces.
The gallery is open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Newport Seal Watch Tour with Save The Bay
Save The Bay seal tours and nature cruises prove that summer isn’t the only time to enjoy the Bay.
Join them aboard one of their education vessels as we motor through historic Newport Harbor and take in 360º views of seals resting on Citing Rock off of Rose Island and the Newport Bridge.
Custom Silhouettes at Museum of Newport History
Don't miss out on Custom Silhouettes at the Museum of Newport History.
The event goes from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Traditional Irish Music Session at Fastnet Irish Pub
Live traditional Irish music every Sunday night, hosted by A. O. Gutierrez, Tim May, and Jack Wright.
Family friendly- arrive early to secure a table if you plan on eating.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Cozy Cocktails by the Fire at Vanderbilt Grill
Stay warm by the fire while roasting marshmallows for s'mores and sipping warm signature cocktails!
Perfect way to start the evening after a long day at the office.
The event begins at 5 p.m.
Christmas at the Newport Mansions
The glitter of gold and the sparkle of silver will dazzle you as you tour three magnificent mansions decked out in Yuletide finery.
Music, tours, and spectacular decorations highlight the celebration of Christmas at the Newport Mansions.
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 28, 2018
- NEW: Whitehouse Refuses Comment on Reporting Alleged Newport Kavanaugh Assault Later Recanted
- Newport Gallery Night Set for October 11
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - October 5, 2018
- VIDEO: Drone Captures Car Fire on Newport Bridge by Johnston Man on Jet Ski
- UPDATED: Whitehouse Contacted About Kavanaugh Rape Allegation in Newport
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to Hold Annual Newport Shootout Fishing Tournament
- Dan Keating of Newport Polo Talks About New Jumbotron and Growth
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - September 21, 2018
- Newport Preservation Society’s Carneiro Highlights the Newport Food & Wine Festival on LIVE
- Whitcomb: Beltway’s Young Nobility; Bring in Mr. Gilbert; Adding to the Floods; & Intense Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - October 12, 2018
- Newport, 5 Hotels Receive Readers Choice Awards from Condé Nast Traveler
- RITBA Considers Adding Observatory Deck, Bike Lane to Newport Bridge
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 9, 2018
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 16, 2018
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Smith: Newport’s Dilemma is RI’s Nightmare
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 23, 2018
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - November 2, 2018