slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
Friday, June 30, 2017
This weekend’s events include the Artists Ball at Newport Art Museum, the OHPRI Summer Party and the 7th annual Summer Soriee.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
7th Annual Summer Soriee
The 7th annual Summer Soiree will be held at the Jamestown Arts Center from 7 p.m to 10 p.m. on Friday.
The event will feature a raw bar by Matunuck Oyster Bar, Summer Cocktails, a Live Auction and live music and dancing with Danielle Ponder and the Tomorrow People.
OHPRI Summer Party at Newport Shipyard
Check out the ship dockside, enjoy cocktails and a silent auction before sitting down for a dinner followed by dessert and dancing.
There will also be music by Honky Tonk Knights.
The summer party goes from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Independence Rhode Race at Independence Park
The Bristol Independence Rhode Race will be held on Saturday beginning at 6 a.m. and ending around 10 a.m.
The race will follow the Bristol Streets during the Oldest 4th of July Celebration in America.
The course includes historic homes, a town common and the America’s Cup Museum before heading out along the coastline, through Colt State Park and finishing along the water at Independence Park.
The Whitney Women and the Museum They Made at Redwood Library & Athenæum
On Saturday, July 1 at 11:00 a.m., Dodie Kazanjian leads a discussion with Flora Miller Biddle and Fiona Donovan about their recently republished book, The Whitney Women and the Museum They Made.
The program is free and all are welcome. Call 401.847.0295, ext. 112 to reserve a seat.
Artists' Ball at Newport Art Museum
The Newport Art Museum’s 2017 summer Gala, the Artists’ Ball, will be held on Saturday night. This masked ball will benefit the Museum’s extensive arts programming.
This year’s Gala honorees are Dodie Kazanjian and Calvin Tomkins, two of the world’s most celebrated arts writers.
Guests can enjoy cocktails, dinner, live and silent auctions, and dancing to the music of the Alex Donner Orchestra beneath a tent on the Museum’s lawn overlooking historic Bellevue Avenue.
The ball goes from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Spring Bull Gallery's July Little Picture Show Opening Reception
The exhibition begins with a reception on Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The exhibit runs July 1, 2017 – July 31, 2017 with work changing daily as new art replaces sold pieces. The gallery will feature a Spring Bull Artists during the Meet the Artist program be held on Thursday, July 14 during Gallery Night in Newport featuring Anne Winthrop Cordin.
Newport Contemporary Music Series at Rogers Auditorium
Saturday is the first day of the Newport Contemporary Music Series at Rogers Auditorium.
The series will offer a variety of contemporary orchestral music, including special performances and appearances by Philip Glass, Howard Shore, Bruce Broughton, and many more
The shows go from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Miantonomi Exploration Days at Miantonomi Memorial Park
Aquidneck Land Trust and the City of Newport announced new summer hours for the historic tower in Miantonomi Park as part of the Annual Miantonomi Exploration Days.
The tower will be open and free to the public every Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM, starting June 18 and ending August 27.
So get over to the park and explore everything that it has to offer.
Bloody Mary Bar at Top of Newport
Relax with a Bloody Mary in your hand at the Top of Newport on Sunday.
The Top of Newport provides everything you need to build your own drink and blend it with any combination of vodka, celery salt and more.
The bar is open from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo Tailgating + What to Say About Dyed Hair + Curb Your Dog
- Preservation Society of Newport Names Dubé-Scherr Director of Museum Affairs
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 2, 2017
- UPDATED: Blue Cross of RI Asks for Double Digit Rate Increase and Sponsors Newport Polo
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 26, 2017
- RIB & Rhein Team With Swarovski for Tea Party Fundraiser Benefiting Newport Art Museum
- 40 New Businesses Open in Newport in Time for the Summer Season
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Etiquette of the Trump Family Crests, Guns + Children
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
- RI’s Kiel James Patrick Talks About Building an American Brand and the Newport Flagship Store
- Newport’s Florez Taps Controversial Prov Politico to Run His Campaign for Senate
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22