slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
Friday, June 23, 2017
This weekend’s events include the Summer Solstice Fundraiser at Fort Adams, the start of the Nimfest Concert Series at King Park Beach and much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below!
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
Summer Solstice Fundraiser at Fort Adams
The Summer Solstice Fundraiser at Fort Adams features a sunset champagne toast, a lowering of the flag ceremony and catering by Blackstone Caterers.
There will also be a silent and live auction as well as music by Triple J.
The event goes from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Redefining Newport Style: The Interwar Years, 1920-1940 at Redwood Library
The Redwood Library will host an opening reception of the exhibit Redefining Newport Style: The Interwar Years on Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The exhibit looks at Newport between the years of 1920 and 1940.
The reception is free to attend.
Newport Gulls vs New Bedford at Cardines Field
The Newport Gulls are at Cardines Field to host New Bedford at 6:30 p.m.
The Gulls are currently 4-8 on the season and looking to get back in the win column following a loss in their last game.
The Newport Flower Show - Fete des Fleurs: Paintings and Parterres
Each day of the Newport Flower Show offers guests opportunities to enjoy judged horticultural specimens and floral designs, special garden exhibitions, free lectures and demonstrations, children's activities, and wonderful shopping experiences at the Oceanside Boutiques and Gardeners' Marketplace
Tickets are also available for special lunches, lectures, and workshops, as well as full weekend packages.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Herreshoff Wharf Sale at Herreshoff Marine Museum
Head to the Herreshoff Wharf Sale and grab that item that you had no died that you needed.
The sale is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and is free to attend.
Live footage from the 35th America’s Cup will be aired at the Museum on Saturday.
Newport Polo Series - Newport vs. Boston
Newport will take on New England rival Boston in the Newport International Polo Series on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Be sure to head down and watch the match.
Butterfly Count at Ballard Park
It is that time of year, the butterflies are out in full force.
Head to Ballard Park from 11 a.m. to noon on Saturday to learn about Butterflies with naturalist Charles Avenengo.
C. Thomas Clagett, Jr. Memorial Clinic and Regatta at Sail Newport
The 15th C. Thomas Clagett, Jr. Memorial Clinic and Regatta will be held at the Alofsin Pier at Sail Newport in Fort Adams State Park with Sunday, June 25 being the final day.
The clinic and regatta for disabled sailors provides opportunities for disabled athletes to train and compete at a high level.
The clinic and regatta run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
NIMFest Concert Series at King Park Beach
NIMFest concerts are held Sunday afternoons from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the King Park gazebo on Wellington Avenue.
Concerts are presented free by the City of Newport featuring the best in regional and local talent.
The 2017 series celebrates women artists in folk, bluegrass, jazz, blues, rock, and everything in between.
Bloody Mary Bar at Top of Newport
Relax with a Bloody Mary in your hand at the Top of Newport on Sunday.
The Top of Newport provides everything you need to build your own drink and blend it with any combination of vodka, celery salt and more.
The bar is open from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Etiquette of the Trump Family Crests, Guns + Children
- 40 New Businesses Open in Newport in Time for the Summer Season
- UPDATED: Blue Cross of RI Asks for Double Digit Rate Increase and Sponsors Newport Polo
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 2, 2017
- Preservation Society of Newport Names Dubé-Scherr Director of Museum Affairs
- RIB & Rhein Team With Swarovski for Tea Party Fundraiser Benefiting Newport Art Museum
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 26, 2017
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Handling Eye Rolling, Body-Shaming & Graduate Guidelines
- City of Newport Launches Newport Re-Uses Program to Help Environment
- Ground Broken on Breakers’ Visitor Center & Highlights of Start of Newport Summer Season
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Fun Memorial Day Weekend Dates + Sailing Into Summer In Seersucker
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo Tailgating + What to Say About Dyed Hair + Curb Your Dog
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette