slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 7, 2017
Friday, July 07, 2017
This weekend’s events include the Newport Music Festival, the Kite Festival and much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 7, 2017
Newport Music Festival at The Breakers
The Newport Music Festival continues the tradition of hosting more than 60 classical concerts featuring chamber music programs, American debuts, world-class artists and special events.
On Friday, the Breakers will host Polish pianist Krzysztof Jablonski in his Newport debut.
Alive at The Salvation Army
Alive is a musical variety show and testament to overcoming adversity and living vicariously at any age.
Local talented seniors perform with Celebrity Entertainers, Comedians, and Dancers!
This show is a must see in Newport!
Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
Newport Gulls vs Mystic at Cardines Field
The Newport Gulls are back in action at Cardines Field against Mystic.
The Gulls are currently 7-14 on the season while Mystic comes into the game at 13-7.
Game time is set for 6:30 p.m.
Yoga Class at Hotel Viking
Join this new Yoga class at Hotel Viking that runs every Saturday at 9 a.m.
Guests are invited to bring their own mat or use a towel provided by the class.
Kick off your Saturday morning with yoga.
Newport Kite Festival 2017 at Brenton Point State Park
The Newport Kite Festival returns to Brenton Point State Park from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Grab your kite and join the fun.
The event is free.
The 2017 Newport Regatta will mark the 33rd running of one of the summer's biggest events.
Invited Classes for the 2017 Newport Regatta: 2.4mR, 505, A-Class Catamaran, Comet (ACCs), Ensign (ACCs), Etchells (Narragansett Bay Championship), F-18 Catamarans, 110 (Nationals), 210, 29er, J24, J70 (NEs), Laser, Laser Radial, M32 Catamaran, Melges 20, Melges 32, RS Aero (Nationals), Swan 42 (NEs), Thistle, VX Evo, VX One Design (NEs).
Tour of Artillery Company of Newport's Military Museum
Take a tour of the Newport Artillery Company's Military Museum on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The museum features cool stuff like a cannon cast by Paul Revere for the State of Rhode Island in 1798 as well as a letter from George Washington and much more.
Admission is FREE.
3-Hour America's Cup 12 Meter Racing Experience
Race aboard a 12 Meter America’s Cup contender at 12 Meter Charters at Bowens Wharf.
Once Aboard the yacht, professional crew members will coach those interested in a “hands on” sailing experience, but participation is not required.
No sailing experience necessary.
The event is fun for sailors of all ages.
Free Guided Bird Walk at Norman Bird Sanctuary
Birding masters and beginners join experts as they venture through some of the best bird watching spots that the Sanctuary has to offer.
There is no registration required. Participants are asked to meet in the Welcome Center parking lot at 8 am.
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 2, 2017
- Preservation Society of Newport Names Dubé-Scherr Director of Museum Affairs
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo Tailgating + What to Say About Dyed Hair + Curb Your Dog
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
- Newport Jazz Fest Offering Discounted Tickets for Local Residents Through July 4
- Newport Arboretum Teams With Salve Regina to Host Summer Landscape Series
- Newport Historical Society to Put on Reenactment of 1777 British Occupation
- Newport’s Sailors for the Sea Named Environmental Innovator of the Year
- Newport’s Florez Taps Controversial Prov Politico to Run His Campaign for Senate
- RI’s Kiel James Patrick Talks About Building an American Brand and the Newport Flagship Store
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
- Jackie & JFK’s Newport Wedding Brought to Life With Return to Camelot Presentation