RIIL Baseball Playoff Brackets Released
Monday, May 26, 2014
The Rhode Island Interscholastic League high school baseball playoff brackets were released today, setting the stage for the "Road to McCoy" for 32 hopeful teams.
16 teams in Division 1 and 16 teams in Division 2 qualify for the playoff tournament. The playoff rounds run May 28-June 5th, and the regional finals run June 7-10. The championship series' run June 17-19 and are played at McCoy Stadium, home of the Pawtucket Red Sox.
The playoff rounds are double elimination format and all games are played at the home field of the team with the better seed. Both the Division 1 and Division 2 bracket are broken up into 4 regions, and the champion of each region advances to the regional finals round (4 teams from Division 1, 4 teams from Division 2).
Links to the complete brackets are below.
- Lacrosse Playoffs Set to Crown State Champions
- Championship Saturday set for RIIL Basketball
- RIIL Boys’ Basketball Roundup: Divisional Tournament Winners, Open Tournament Set
- Slideshow: Rhode Island Soccer State Champions
- Slideshow: RI High School Football State Champions