Lacrosse Playoffs Set to Crown State Champions
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Here's the playoff breakdown by Division.
In Division 1, top seeds La Salle and Barrington have first round byes and will play semifinal games next Thursday against the winners of tonight's games.
4th seeded Moses Brown hosts 5th seeded North Kingstown at 4 p.m., and the winner of that game takes on 2-time defending state champion La Salle in the semifinals.
3rd seeded Hendricken hosts 6th seeded Portsmouth at 6 p.m., with the winner advancing to face Barrington in the semifinals.
There are no first round byes in Division 2, and 3 of the 4 quarterfinal games will be decided tonight.
Top seeded East Greenwich hosts 8th seeded Middletown at 6:30 p.m. The winner of that game will take on the winner of tonight's matchup between 4th seeded Cumberland and 5th seeded Narragansett, also taking place at 6:30 p.m.
3rd seeded Wheeler takes on 6th seeded Prout at 4:30 p.m., and the winner of that game will face the winner of tomorrow night's contest between 2nd seededSouth Kingstown and 7th seeded Mt. Hope.
2 of the 4 quarterfinal contests in Division 3 take place today.
4th seeded Burrillville/North Smithfield Co-op takes on 5th seeded Toll Gate at 4 p.m. The winner of that game will face the winner of Saturday's game between top seeded Tiverton and 8th seeded Scituate.
3rd seeded Cranston West hosts 6th seeded Westerly today at 3:45 p.m., with the winner advancing to the semifinals to play the winner of Saturday's matchup between 2nd seeded Coventry and 7th seeded Smithfield.
- Recruiting: RI Lacrosse Continues to Gain National Attention
- High School Lacrosse All-Americans Announced
- La Salle Wins First-Ever Boys’ Lacrosse Title, knocks off Moses Brown, 9-7
- Cumberland wins D-2 Girls’ Lacrosse Title
- Smithfield Captures Third Straight DIII Boys Lacrosse Title
- East Greenwich Wins Third Straight DII Boys Lacrosse Title
- Five RI Boys Lacrosse Players Tabbed All-Americans