La Salle, East Greenwich, Rogers/Tiverton Win RIIL Lax State Titles
Sunday, June 01, 2014
La Salle, East Greenwich, and Rogers/Tiverton are the 2014 Rhode Island Interscholastic League boys’ lacrosse state champions.
In the first game of the triple-header at Brown’s Stevenson Field, East Greenwich dominated South Kingstown 14-6 to win the Avengers’ 4th consecutive Division 2 state championship. EG never trailed in the championship game, and freshman Brendan Jordan paced the scoring with 5 goals for the Avengers.
In the second game, Rogers/Tiverton Co-op beat Coventry 8-7 for the Division 3 title. Sean King made 15 saves for Rogers/Tiverton, and 4 players scored 2 goals apiece as the Tiger Vikings held on to beat the Oakers.
In the final game of the season, La Salle and Barrington battled back and forth all game long until Joe Manown stepped up and scored the winning goal late in the final 20 seconds to give the Rams a 9-8 victory. La Salle has now won 3 straight Division 1 titles and the Rams completed the only undefeated season in RIIL play in 2014.
- Lacrosse State Championships: La Salle Aims for 3 in a Row
- Lacrosse Playoffs Set to Crown State Champions
- East Greenwich Captures Second Straight D-2 Lacrosse Championship
- La Salle Wins First-Ever Boys’ Lacrosse Title, knocks off Moses Brown, 9-7
- Big Weekend for Bryant Bulldogs - Shock Syracuse in Lacrosse and More
- Recruiting: RI Lacrosse Continues to Gain National Attention
- Portsmouth Abbey Goalie Named Lacrosse All-American