Division II Boys’ Lacrosse Title Game Postponed
Monday, June 04, 2012
East Greenwich (18-1, 15-0) is looking to win back-to-back championships and capture their second title in school history. The Avengers are led by state scoring champion Ethan Zink, who has put up 50 goals and 38 assists (88 points) this season. Attacker Kyle Carosotto also finished third in the state in scoring (45 goals, 20 assists, 65 points).
"Ethan is one of the best players in the state," said head coach Brian Trapani. "He and Kyle have been huge for us."
Second-seeded South Kingstown (15-3, 12-3) is led by attacker Chad Mitchell, who scored 47 points on 32 goals and 15 assists this season.
South Kingstown defeated Mount Hope, 7-4 in the first round of the Division II tournament before eviscerating Mount St. Charles, 11-5, in the semifinals.
East Greenwich has rolled through the first two rounds of the playoffs, defeating Middletown High School 10-5 in round one before breezing past Providence Country Day, 12-2.
- La Salle Wins First-Ever Boys’ Lacrosse Title, knocks off Moses Brown, 9-7
- Cumberland wins D-2 Girls’ Lacrosse Title
- Division II Boys’ Lacrosse Playoffs
- East Greenwich Boys Lacrosse Defeats Middletown, 10-5, Advances To Division II Lacrosse Semis
- GAME ON: Girls’ Lacrosse - Who is Getting Recruited