Baseball State Titles on the Line at McCoy Stadium
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
4 teams have competed “The Road to McCoy” and will play for a championship on the Pawtucket Red Sox home field.
In Division 1, top-seeded Hendricken is looking to win a 3rd straight championship and the 6th in 7 years for the green and gold. Standing in their way is rival La Salle, the #3 seed in Division 1.
In Division 2, East Providence has their eyes on the first baseball championship in school history, but an underdog team from North Smithfield will be no small task in the finals.
A best of 3 series will determine the next state champion from both Division 1 and Division 2.
La Salle defeated Hendricken 6-2 on May 6th, handing the Hawks their only loss of the season. East Providence and North Smithfield have not played each other yet this season.
The action starts Tuesday, with East Providence and North Smithfield at 3:30 p.m. and Hendricken and La Salle at 6:30 p.m. Game 2 of each series is Wednesday, June 18th, at the same times. If necessary for either or both series’, Game 3 will be held Thursday, June 19th.
- RIIL Baseball Playoff Brackets Released
- King Tabbed Gatorade RI Baseball Player of the Year
- Cranston’s Anthony Meo Moving Up Professional Baseball Ranks
- Trio of RI Baseball Players Selected in MLB Draft
- Who Will Win Division I Baseball Championship?
- Johnston Baseball Making Magical Playoff Run
- Former RI High School Baseball Standouts Starring at URI
- King Strikes Out 11 to Keep Hendricken Baseball Undefeated
- Michael King Continues to Dominate for Undefeated Hendricken Baseball
- Bryant Baseball Wins Conference Championship