Women & Infants to Host Annual Christmas Road Race
Wednesday, November 05, 2014
Funds Raised for Program in Women’s Oncology
Each year, runners and walkers help raise money for women with cancer who are treated through the Program in Women’s Oncology at Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island.
“This event is beautiful for many reasons. The course in Newport, at Christmastime, is decorated and festive. We have people in holiday costumes and enjoying being outside in the crisp December air. But, the most beautiful part of this event is seeing so many people - young and old, men and women – running and walking to help women with cancer,” said Sandra Scuncio, director of the Integrative Care Program in the Program in Women’s Oncology.
In Memory of Tricia Lovett Stallman
The race has been organized for years in memory of Tricia Lovett Stallman and in honor of all women who have been touched by cancer.
The 31st annual Christmas 10K Run & 5K Walk will start at Rogers High School at 10 am.
“Proceeds from the race help us provide various forms of therapy to patients in the hospital and those coming for out-patient care at the Program in Women’s Oncology. This includes reiki, therapeutic massage, acupuncture, lymphedema therapy, and yoga. Without the help of these runners and walkers, we would not be able to offer services for free to our hospitalized patients.”
Race participants are encouraged to seek sponsors. Online registration is available here or by calling (401) 846-0042.
- Women & Infants Helps Cancer Survivors Conceive
- Women & Infants: Preserving Fertility for Life After Cancer
- New Research: Colonoscopy Prevents Colon Cancer Deaths
- ‘Bed of Nails’ Breast Implant Slows Cancer Growth: Brown Discovery
- Dramatic Rise in Skin Cancer Among Young Adults
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked To Blood Cancers—Miriam Research
- Brown Research: More Water Can Protect Men from Bladder Cancer
- Chelo’s Slice of Hope Cake to Support Miriam Cancer Center
- Brown Discovery: High-Tech Early Detection of Cancer Cells
- RI to Get Cutting-Edge Cancer Rehabilitation Services
- Rhode Island Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events
- NEW: Whitehouse Holds Roundtable Discussion to Announce Legislation to Battle Breast Cancer
- Oral Bacteria Linked to Pancreatic Cancer—Brown Research
- NEW: Former Providence Mayor Cianci Diagnosed with Cancer
- NEW: URI Pharmacy Professor Awarded $1.3M Grant to Fight Cancer
- Young RI Cancer Patient Gets Birthday Surprise From His Heroes
- Bakes for Breast Cancer to Hold First RI Fundraising Event
- Rhode Island Hospital Honored for Cancer Treatment Facilities
- NEW: Women & Infants To Host Free Conference On Women’s Cancers
- Don’t Miss: RI 2nd Annual Esophageal Cancer Walk/Run
- GoLocalTV: 7 Year Old Cancer Survivor Drafted By PC Friars
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2012 Events in RI
- How Your Diet Puts You At Risk for Breast Cancer
- New RI License Plate For Breast Cancer Support Now Available
- Miriam Hospital To Offer Men’s Cancer Wellness Group