NEW: Warwick Dentist Caught Practicing Dentistry After Suspension
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Frederick Lury, DMD, whose office is at 1090 Toll Gate Road in Warwick, was in the process of selling his practice with intent to retire, when his office was found to have "misbranded narcotics and an expired solution" during an inspection on September, 2012.
Based on Lury's desire to close his practice and retire, he agreed to surrender his license on October 26, 2012, according to HEALTH. Lury's authority to prescribe controlled substances or medical marijuana was also surrendered at that time.
But, according to new documents from HEALTH, a female patient says that Lury saw her on Novmeber 1, 2012, for a filling, and she returned to his office on November 10 with a complaint of jaw pain. On or about the date, says HEALTH, Lury examined her tooth and took an x-ray. Lury wrote a referral slip in her presence and she made another appointment for the week of November 26. The patient says she witnessed other patients and dental hygienists in Lury's office on or about November 10.
This is in violation of Lury's original suspension, and he is now immediately suspended from practicing dentistry, prescribing medication, and operating x-ray equipment.
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended For Prescribing Controlled Meds For His Wife
- First Sex, Then Drugs—Warwick Physician Suspended Second Time
- NEW: Physician’s Assistant Suspended for Taking Kickbacks
- NEW: Chiropractor Suspended for Sexually Massaging Young Patient
- NEW: Nurse Suspended for Over-Prescribing Adderall, Ritalin, Xanax
- NEW: Cranston MD Suspended for Prescription Fraud
- NEW: North Providence MD Suspended After Being Found Barricaded in Home with 19 Firearms
- NEW: Smithfield Pharmacy Suspended For Prescription Violations
- NEW: Registered Nurse Suspended for Having Sex with MS Patient
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Marijuana Abuses, Another Terminated for Facebook Misuse
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Fondling Elderly Patient