UNAP to Picket Outside of Rhode Island Hospital
Friday, June 29, 2018
"Lifespan's brags about providing 'health with care,' but they couldn't care less about the nurses, technologists, therapists and support professionals who are being pushed beyond the limit and left without the resources they need to do their jobs," said Frank Sims, RN, president of UNAP Local 5098.
The protest will take place on Friday, June 29 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the corners of Dudley and Eddy Streets.
Contract Negotiations Ongoing
UNAP and Lifespan are in the middle of contract negotiations, as the current three-year agreement ends on June 30.
UNAP represents over 2,400 nurses, therapists, technologists and other allied professionals at Rhode Island and Hasbro Children’s Hospitals.
RI Dept. of Health, RI Hospital Consent Agreement - June 2018
- Researchers at RI Hospital Discover Trend Among Veterans Fatally Overdosing
- NEW: NIH Awards RI Hospital $5.8 Million to Support Cancer Research Program
- Nurses Union to Picket in Front of RI Hospital on July 9
- NEW: RI Hospital Says Nurse Picket Thursday Will Not Interrupt Services
- See the List: RI Hospitals and Surgeons with Highest Complication Rates
- Women & Infants Becomes First RI Hospital with Leapfrog Distinction
- RI Hospitals’ Emergency Times Among Worst in US
- RI Hospital to Utilize Google Glass in Innovative New Study
- RI Hospital: Legalizing Med. Marijuana Does Not Increase Youth Use
- Are RI Hospitals Ready for an Ebola Outbreak?
- RI Hospitals With the Highest Complication Rates
- RI Hospital Nurses and Technicians Reject Contract Offer From Lifespan
- RI Hospitals: How Big and How Much Revenue
- RI Hospital Files Obstetrics Application With State—Likely to Trigger Calls for Payment to Prov
- RI Hospital Awarded $5.8 Million Grant for Skeletal Health
- Tuesday on LIVE: Prof. Lawless, Former RI Hospital President Iannuccilli, & The Horse-Eyed Men
- LIVE: Ripple Effect - RI Hospital’s Chief of Trauma Dr. Adams On Impact of Impaired Driving Crashes
- NEW: RI Hospital Refused to Divulge Name of Employee Accused Sexual Assault
- RI Hospitals’ Emergency Room Waiting Times - Big Differences
- RI Hospital Earns National Award For Excellence in Cancer Care
- RI Hospitality Names Award Winners
- Brown University & RI Hospital Earn Grants to Teach Addiction Screening
- UNAP Calls Care New England’s Effort to Close Memorial Hospital Intensive Care “Irreponsible”
- UNAP, Elected Leaders to Urge Health Dept. to Halt Memorial Hospital Closings
- Unknown and unappreciated? CCRI’s quest for the “big time”
- UNAP Members to Protest Outside of Memorial Hospital on Monday
- Care New England, UNAP Reach Agreement to Keep up to 200 Healthcare Jobs at Memorial
- UPDATED: Man Arrested for Stealing $109K from UNAP of RI’s Training Program
- UNAP’s Callaci: Union Lawsuit Prompted Action on Saving Memorial Jobs
- UNAP Issues Statement Following Lawsuit Filed in St. Joseph’s Pension Collapse