St. Joseph’s Fresh Food Distribution Program to Hold Anniversary Celebration
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
“Over this past year, we have made a difference by partnering with the Rhode Island Food Bank and Federal Hill House to make fresh food more readily available to the community we serve,” said Lester P. Schindel, CEO of CharterCARE Health Partners.
In it's first year, the program has distributed over 36,000 lbs of fresh produce to lower-income Rhode Islanders.
The celebration and food distribution takes place at St. Joseph Health Center, located at 21 Peace Street in Providence. The speaking program will begin at 11:30 a.m.
St. Joseph Health Services of Rhode Island is the corporate parent of Our Lady of Fatima Hospital and St. Joseph Health Center. The Catholic health system operates 270 beds, employs over 1,900 employees and has annual revenues in excess of $170 million.
- RI Food Bank Brings Back Award-Winning “Nothing” Campaign
- “Striking Out Hunger” Nets $75K for RI Food Bank
- Citizens Bank Donates to RI Food Bank for Every PawSox Strike-Out
- Washington Trust’s PB Xpress Collecting Peanut Butter for RI Food Bank
- Seven Stars Bakery Donates Day’s Earnings to RI Food Bank
- Great Rhody Yarn Crawl to Benefit RI Food Bank
- Seven Stars to Donate All Jan. 2 Sales to RI Food Bank
- RI Food Bank Wins RI Foundation Community Leadership Award
- Stop & Shop to Deliver 1,000 Turkeys to the RI Food Bank
- “Canstruction” Returns to Prov. Place Mall to Benefit RI Food Bank
- Don’t Miss: Lobster Bake For RI Food Bank
- RE/MAX Donates 3,000 Pounds of Food to RI Food Bank
- RI Food Bank Kicks Off Summer Food Drive
- Stop & Shop Donates 1,000 Turkeys to RI Food Bank
- RI Food Bank’s Community Kitchen Accepting Applicants for Summer