RI Oral Health Foundation’s Free Dental Clinic Serves Over 720 Patients
Tuesday, June 07, 2016
Mission of Mercy free dental clinic provided care to over 720 patients during the two day period at the Community College of Rhode Island. The event consisted of over 650 dental/medical and community volunteers.
“The significant level of patient turnout for the five-year milestone clinic highlights the continuing need for access to affordable oral health care in Rhode Island,” said Dr. Jeffrey Dodge, DMD, Mission of Mercy co-chair.
The event was hosted in CCRI's 24 chair dental facility, which features digital radiography, a sterilization center and electronic dental records. CCRI dental faculty, staff and students also volunteer at the clinic.
“We at CCRI are proud to have hosted and sponsored this outstanding event for the past five years with the Rhode Island Oral Health Foundation. The number of Rhode Islanders who seek treatment at the clinic is tremendous, and we are pleased to have been a partner once again this year in helping provide the dental care these patients so urgently need,” said Dr. Meghan Hughes, CCRI president.
Delta Dental of Rhode Island served as a premier sponsor for the event.
“We have supported the Mission of Mercy clinic since its inception, and we see that support as critical in fulfilling our mission of improving the oral health of all Rhode Islanders. We are proud to serve as a premier sponsor of this important community service and we are equally proud of our employees who spent the weekend volunteering their time to make sure those in need receive these services,” said Joe Nagle, president & CEO of Delta Dental of Rhode Island.
Mission of Mercy Dental Clinic
Between 2012 and 2015, the Rhode Island Mission of Mercy free dental clinic has treated 3,281 patients between the ages of one and 91.
Since it began and through 2015, the two-day clinic has provided $1,790,228 worth of dental services and more than 12,400 procedures, including:
- 1,421 fillings
- 2,011 extractions
- 1,729 cleanings, sealants and fluoride treatments
- 114 root canals
- 336 removable partial dentures and denture repairs
- 3,281 oral cancer screenings
- Delta Dental of RI Donates $60K to 2014 Mission of Mercy
- Hundreds of RI Kids Get Free Dental Care at “Give Kids a Smile Day”
- City Accidentally Releases Thousands of Retirees’ Social Security Numbers
- First Free Dental Clinic Coming to Rhode Island
- NEW: Pew Drops RI’s Child Dental Care Grade from ‘A’ to ‘B’
- Operation Smile Brings Underserved RI Kids Dental Care
- Your Opinion: Fung’s Coming Forward On Accidental Death Now?
- Delta Dental RI Donates Over $1 Million to Help Meet Oral Health Care Needs
- R.I. Oral Health Foundation Hosting Free Dental Clinic This Weekend
- Smart Benefits: When Dental and Vision Don’t Count…Under PPAC, That Is
- RI Oral Health Foundation to Host 5th Annual Free Dental Clinic in June