RI Hospital Earns National Award For Excellence in Cancer Care
Wednesday, October 07, 2015
“It’s always an honor to accept recognition for excellence, particularly when the standards are so very high. Here in our community, patients can find outstanding comprehensive cancer care that exceeds national standards," said Latha Sivaprasad, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer of Rhode Island Hospital.
The award recognizes the significant commitment by the Rhode Island Hospital team in providing superior cancer care to patients while meeting and surpassing standards that are set by the Commission on Cancer.
The Achievement Award criteria is based on qualitative and quantitative surveys conducted between January to June 2015. Rhode Island Hospital was evaluated on 34 program standards in four cancer program areas. The programs are then evaluated on seven commendation standards and award recipients must receive commendation ratings in all seven standards.
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer is a group of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival of quality of life for cancer patients through standard setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive care.
Rhode Island Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital was founded in 1863 and is a private not for profit hospital of the Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Click here for more information.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Hospitals in Rhode Island Rated By Patients
- RI Hospitals Report Card: A to F
- NEW: RI Hospital Gets $7.36M Grant for Cardiovascular Research
- The Champlin Foundations Award RI Hospital With $850K Grant
- NEW: RI Hospital Earns Beacon Award For Excellence in Nursing
- RI Hospital First in RI to Implement New Defibrillator Technology
- RI Hospital Neurologists Attack Alzheimer’s Disease
- RI Hospital One of Only ERs in US To Offer MRI Scans
- NEW: RI Hospital Nursing Assistant Suspended for Sexual Assault
- How RI Hospitals Ranked: NE’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- Twitter Overrated for Helping Us Stay Healthy—RI Hospital Expert
- NEW: Brown + RI Hospitals Strike Deal on IP Management
- RI Hospital to Utilize Google Glass in Innovative New Study
- RI Hospital: Legalizing Med. Marijuana Does Not Increase Youth Use
- NEW: RI Hospital Says Nurse Picket Thursday Will Not Interrupt Services
- Nurses Union to Picket in Front of RI Hospital on July 9
- See the List: RI Hospitals and Surgeons with Highest Complication Rates
- RI Hospitals With the Highest Complication Rates
- RI Hospital Nurses and Technicians Reject Contract Offer From Lifespan
- Researchers at RI Hospital Discover Trend Among Veterans Fatally Overdosing
- NEW: NIH Awards RI Hospital $5.8 Million to Support Cancer Research Program
- RI Hospitals’ Emergency Times Among Worst in US
- Women & Infants Becomes First RI Hospital with Leapfrog Distinction
- NEW: RI Hospital Nurses Ratify New Three Year Contract with Lifespan
- Are RI Hospitals Ready for an Ebola Outbreak?