RI Free Clinic Receives $75,000 Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI Grant
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Through the Clinic’s new Open Enrollment policy, prospective patients can call during the Clinic’s regular business hours to set up a screening appointment to determine their eligibility. To become a patient, uninsured adults must provide evidence that they are (1) 19 years of age or older, (2) a resident of Rhode Island, and (3) earn less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
RI Free Clinic
While the Clinic is not an urgent care or walk-in medical facility, the new Open Enrollment system is intended to increase access to comprehensive care for the uninsured at our 655 Broad Street location and through the Clinic’s statewide Physician’s Network. By improving the health and well-being of uninsured Rhode Island residents, the Clinic both empowers motivated adults to manage their own health and diverts costly emergency room visits.
“Supporting the broader Rhode Island community has always been an important part of our work at Blue Cross,” said Carolyn Belisle, Managing Director, Community Relations for BCBSRI. “This model of integrated, coordinated care can be transformative for patients, and we are thrilled to support the RI Free Clinic’s continued work to bring these essential services to underserved Rhode Islanders.”
Rhode Island Free Clinic is a licensed medical home that provides approximately 2,000 uninsured patients with primary care, specialty care, labs and diagnostics, prescription medications, prevention programs and health education with the help of volunteer medical professionals, community partners, grant funding and individual donations.
For more information about Rhode Island Free Clinic, please visit here. To find out if you are eligible to become a patient, please call Marion to make an appointment: (401) 274-6347 ext.314.
- NEW: CVS + RI Free Clinic Team Up For Free Prescriptions
- NEW: RI Free Clinic Gets $75K From Blue Cross Blue Shield
- NEW: Tufts Foundation Donates $70K To RI Free Clinic
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield To Offer Free Blood Pressure Screenings
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names New President
- NEW: Hasbro to Open New Location at Old Blue Cross Building
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Incentive Program for PCPs
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI To Hold Sun Safety Screenings
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Healthcare Education Campaign
- Blue Cross + Blue Shield RI’s Statewide Community Day of Service
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI Scores High in LGBT Equality