RI Director of Public Health to Chair AIDS Walk RI Event
Friday, August 28, 2015
“From 2013 to 2014 in Rhode Island, the number of newly identified cases of HIV increased by nearly 33%. These data send a clear signal that despite the progress we have made in reducing HIV over the years, there is more work to do. We are fortunate in Rhode Island to have great partnerships among state agencies and community-based organizations like APRI to continue our efforts to educate, test, and treat for HIV. The data remind us that we cannot become complacent," said Nicole Alexander-Scott, MD, MPH, Director of Health.
Participants in the walk will raise funds for public awareness, advocacy, testing and comprehensive services for people living which HIV/AIDS.
Free, fast, and anonymous HIV testing will be available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., there will also be a performance from the Providence Gay Men's Chorus, the AIDS Quilt will be displayed, and and free food and activities will be available.
GoLocalProv is one of the sponsors of the walk.
For more information, click here.
- 78 Local Businesses Receive Worksite Health Awards
- CVS Health Charity Classic Adds Four to Field, Two Spots Remain
- NEW: Ex-HealthSourceRI Director Ferguson Arrested
- Smart Benefits: Healthy Self” Campaign Highlights Preventive Services
- CVS Health and Target Sign $1.9 Billion Deal, CVS Acquires Target’s Pharmacies
- R.I. Oral Health Foundation Hosting Free Dental Clinic This Weekend
- The RI Ambulance Services with the Most Health + Safety Violations
- 30,000 Rhode Islanders Hit by Health Data Breaches
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. DiPalma: Health Literacy - The Time To Act Is Now
- NEW: ProJo Union Calls Out GateHouse for Secret Healthcare Rollbacks
- GoLocalTV: CVS Health Charity Classic Kicks Off With Larry Merlo
- The Clean Water Rule: Responding to the Public, Protecting Public Health
- Five Ways Living in the Moment Will Improve Your Health
- Gencarella: Is RI On A Path To Socialized HealthCare?
- Smart Benefits: New OHIC Standards to Improve Health Care Delivery
- Rules for Eating Healthy On a Budget
- Guest MINDSETTER ™ Berwick: A Healthcare Reform Plan That Works For Everyone
- NEW: Health Concerns Close Pools, Providence Fails to Disclose
- Four Steps to Creating a Healthy Lifestyle
- Nelipak Healthcare Packaging to Host Job Fair at Cranston Headquarters
- Less than 15% of Doctors Use RI Health Information Exchange
- The 17th CVS Health Charity Classic is Set to Tee Off
- Smart Benefits: Feedback on Next Essential Health Benefits Benchmark Plan Due June 30
- Smart Benefits: Fines Now In Effect for Small Business Health Plan Reimbursements
- Smart Benefits: 2016 Health Insurance Rates Approved