NEW: Women & Infants Named One of America’s Greenest Hospitals
Tuesday, October 08, 2013
Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, a Care New England hospital, has been named to Becker’s Hospital Review list, “50 of the Greenest Hospitals in America,” which recognizes hospitals that are among the greenest health care organizations in the country.
According to Becker’s Hospital Review, these 50 hospitals lead by example through mass-scale and local carbon-cutting efforts, and they also demonstrate how environmental sustainability is everyone’s responsibility.
“Being named to this list underscores Women & Infants’ commitment to sustainability in construction and operations, which is a commitment to our community,” said Mark Marcantano, acting president of Women & Infants. “Our South Pavilion, which opened in 2009 and earned LEED ® Gold certification in 2010, represents a new era in construction – one in which sustainability is as important as being on time and under budget. Women & Infants was the first hospital building in New England to achieve this level of certification, and certainly was a consideration in being named to Becker’s list.”
To develop this list, the Becker’s Hospital Review team conducted research and analyzed sustainability information from sources such as Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, Healthier Hospitals Initiative, the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other health care sustainability organizations and experts.
About Women & Infants Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, a Care New England hospital, is one of the nation’s leading specialty hospitals for women and newborns. The primary teaching affiliate of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University for obstetrics, gynecology and newborn pediatrics, as well as a number of specialized programs in women’s medicine, Women & Infants is the eighth largest stand-alone obstetrical service in the country with nearly 8,400 deliveries per year. In 2009, Women & Infants opened the country’s largest, single-family room neonatal intensive care unit.
- NEW: Women & Infants + Brown Pioneer New Down Syndrome Test
- Women & Infants Breast Health Center Launches Survivor Clinic
- Women & Infants: How To Prevent Teen Moms’ Post-Partum Depression
- NEW: Women & Infants Doctors Named Tops in the Nation—US News
- Women & Infants Launches Newborn Safe To Sleep Campaign
- Women & Infants: Preserving Fertility for Life After Cancer
- NEW: Women & Infants MD Earns National “Legend” Award
- Women & Infants Offers Advanced Hereditary Testing
- NEW: Women & Infants MD Named “Legend” in Neonatology
- Women & Infants Reaches Out to Women on Pinterest
- NEW: Women & Infants Named Center of Excellence for Neonatal Care
- Women & Infants Researchers Discover New Test for Birth Defects
- NEW: Women & Infants Named Top 100 Hospital For Women
- Women & Infants Tests New DNA Screen For Down Syndrome
- NEW: Women & Infants Physician Sandra Carson Earns FDA Award
- Women & Infants’ New Model Puts Moms and Newborns in Same Room
- NEW: Women & Infants To Host Free Conference On Women’s Cancers
- Women & Infants: 8 Tips For Healthy Exercise When Pregnant