NEW: What RI City Cares the Most About Its Healthcare?
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
A new measure gives a big cyber shout-out to Providence, naming it the #16 Top City in America when it comes to seeking information online about healthcare.
The new ranking released by HealthGrades reveals the Top 50 Cities based on unique visitors to the company's Web site, which offers a variety of assessments on hospitals and related health services.
The number of unique visitors to HealthGrades.com was adjusted per capita by market area, and put Providence at its #16 spot. Washington, DC took top honors, followed by New York at #2, Kansas City, MO at #3, Seattle-Tacoma, WA, at #4, and Boston at #5.
In New England, Hartford-New Haven ranked #12, and Portland, ME, ranked #39.
Health snapshot of Providence
According to HealthGrades, Providence's "empowered patients" numbered 374,915 who used the site between January and July 2011 to evaluate healthcare quality. Providence's top searches, in order, were:
1. Internal medicine
2. Family practice
3. Obstetrics and gynecology
5. Orthopedic surgery
For more on Providence and all HealthGrades rankings, go here.
- NEW: Rhode Island Has One of the Healthiest Cities in the US
- NEW: Providence Named Top City for Healthy Families
- NEW: Providence Bans Smoking in Some Public Housing
- NEW: Providence Makes List of Top Cities for Seniors
- NEW: Providence Receives An ‘F’ for Smog
- Providence 29th Most Stressful City, Says National Survey