NEW: US News & World Report Names Women & Infants #1 in Providence Metro Area
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
In July, Women & Infants was ranked 26th in Gynecology in U.S. News & World Report’s 2010-11 Best Hospitals.
“This continued recognition truly is a testament to the skills and dedication of our entire staff, said Constance A. Howes, president and CEO of Women & Infants. "Our designation as one of America’s best hospitals in gynecology recognizes Women & Infants’ full breadth of services in areas such as obstetrics, reproductive endocrinology, urogynecology and gynecologic oncology. Being ranked number one in the Providence metro area further demonstrates our preeminence to the residents of our communities.”
How the rankings work
U.S. News ranked hospitals within all 52 U.S. metro areas with populations of one million or more, using existing data from 2010-11 Best Hospitals. To be ranked in its metro area, a hospital had to score in the top 25 percent among its peers in at least one of 16 medical specialties. The new rankings add 490 of these high-performing hospitals to the 132 nationally ranked Best Hospitals in the metro areas. The metro area rankings will be updated in July at the same time that the 2011-12 national Best Hospitals rankings are posted online.
“All of these hospitals provide first-rate care for the majority of patients, even those with serious conditions or who need demanding procedures,” said Health Rankings Editor Avery Comarow. “The new Best Hospitals metro rankings can tell you which hospitals are worth considering for most medical problems if you live in or near a major metro area.”
- Women & Infants Announces RI Network for Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Women & Infants Annual Meeting Celebrates Excellence in Research
- Women & Infants Leads Program for Physican Mothers
- Women & Infants Named Neonatal Center of Excellence
- Women & Infants’ Chief of OB/GYN to Chair WHO Committee Meetings on Cervical Cancer
- Ohio Family Travels to Women & Infants for Fertility Preservation for 2-Year Old Daughter