NEW: Registered Nurse Suspended for Having Sex with MS Patient
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Ronald J. Olsen, RN, a Registered Nurse working as a visiting nurse for VNA of Rhode Island, was assigned to a female patient in early June 2012 and responded to her home. The patient had a history of multiple sclerosis (MS), neuropathy and chronic leg and back pain.
According to documents from HEALTH, Olsen identified himself to the patient as a physical therapist, and consumed one or more glasses of wine while at her home. Olsen returned to the patient's home on subsequent dates, purported to perform physical therapy exercises on her, and attempted to engage in sexual intercourse with her, according to HEALTH. Olsen produced condoms, rubbed the patient with lotion, then proceeded to attempt to have intercourse.
Olsen spoke with the patient about his marriage and personal life and told her he was "lonely."
Olsen is not a licensed physical therapist in the state of Rhode Island. Although he made several visits to the patient's home on multiple dates, VNA has only one recorded visit to her home in its records, on June 2 of this year.
Olsen's license is suspended pending results from a July hearing.
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Marijuana Abuses, Another Terminated for Facebook Misuse
- NEW: Chiropractor Suspended for Sexually Massaging Young Patient
- NEW: Cranston MD Suspended for Prescription Fraud
- NEW: East Side Physician Marvin Kerzner MD Suspended From Practice
- NEW: North Providence MD Suspended After Being Found Barricaded in Home with 19 Firearms
- NEW: Nurse Suspended for Over-Prescribing Adderall, Ritalin, Xanax
- NEW: Pawtucket Physician Suspended for Involvement in OxyContin ‘Ring’
- NEW: Physician’s Assistant Suspended for Taking Kickbacks