NEW: Providence to Host Two-Day Future of Nursing Conference
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
What is the RIAC?
The Rhode Island Action Coalition (RIAC) is the statewide coordinating body for implementation of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) report recommendations within the state. It aims to address Rhode Island’s specific health care challenges and needs. The RIAC works with colleagues both nationally and statewide to create and model innovative solutions with nurses leading the way.
The RIAC was created as the result of a nationwide campaign to establish local coalitions help implement specific recommendations of the IOM report. Rhode Island’s local branch was recently designated to be an IOM Future of Nursing: State Action Coalition by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and AARP.
As part of the wider national campaign, a special two-day visit is planned to kick off the Rhode Island Campaign for Action. Susan Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Advisor for Nursing at RWJF and the Director of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, will present an overview of the national outreach and education campaign and the key role of the Rhode Island Action Coalition. Dr. Hassmiller will attend seven events in Providence targeting key stakeholders to raise awareness and build support for the Rhode Island campaign. Additionally, local Coalition leaders will present the Rhode Island Action Plan.
- Best + Worst Nursing Homes in Rhode Island—Federal Study
- Brown Research: Racial Bias in Nursing Homes
- LISTEN: RI Ranked #2 on National Nursing Homes Report Card
- NEW: Dean RIC’s School of Nursing Attends Event with First Lady
- NEW: RI Hospital Nursing Assistant Suspended for Sexual Assault
- NEW: Tockwotten Named Top Nursing Home by US News & World Report
- Nursing Team at Women and Infants Honored in Modern Healthcare
- Over 25 Percent of RI’s Nursing Homes Below Standard
- RI’s Nursing Homes—The Rankings
- Breaking and Entering Doc Holding Marijuana Suspended by RI HEALTH
- Rhode Island Ranked #2 on National Nursing Homes Report Card