NEW: East Side Physician Marvin Kerzner MD Suspended From Practice
Friday, May 25, 2012
Rhode Island Department of Health (HEALTH).
Dr. Kerzner, who is 81 years old and whose principal place of business is Summit Medical Group at 154 Waterman Street in Providence, is under investigation by the Board after the Physician Health Committee (PHC) of the Rhode Island Medical Society expressed concerns about the "status of [Dr. Kerzner's] clinical competency." According to documents filed with HEALTH, "another physician expressed concerns to the PHC after two of his patients told him of problems. Specifically, the concern expressed was that the Respondent seemed 'erratic and distracted.'"
The Board opened an investigation that required Dr. Kerzner to file an answer with the Board. He failed to do so. Subsequently, the Board requested a response in answer to questions regarding three more patient files. Dr. Kerzner has not replied to any of these communications.
According to HEALTH, Kerzner spoke to administrative staff at the Board "and appeared confused and erratic and difficult to understand." Further, records that were obtained by the Board's investigator were reviewed and found "not to meet minimum standards."
Dr. Kerzner is suspended from practicing medicine until further notice.
- NEW: Chiropractor Suspended for Sexually Massaging Young Patient
- NEW: Cranston MD Suspended for Prescription Fraud
- NEW: North Providence MD Suspended After Being Found Barricaded in Home with 19 Firearms
- NEW: Nurse Suspended for Over-Prescribing Adderall, Ritalin, Xanax
- NEW: Pawtucket Physician Suspended for Involvement in OxyContin ‘Ring’
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Marijuana Abuses, Another Terminated for Facebook Misuse