NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI to Hold Free Sun Safety Screening
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
A representative from United Way 2-1-1 in Rhode Island will also be present to help connect individuals with the information and services they need, confidentially and for free. Whether you need to find daycare for your child, financial assistance, a mental health counselor, or if you need any other kind of community-based service in Rhode Island, 2-1-1 is available to help individuals and their families.
The sun safety screening uses DermaView technology to analyze an individual’s face for sun damage. This allows participants to view the effects of cumulative sun exposure since early childhood. Unprotected and/or excessive exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays causes premature skin aging—and increases a person’s risk for non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancer.
Attendees will also receive tips on the proper use of sunscreen and learn other steps they can take to avoid sunburns and long-term skin damage. Please note: Bare skin is best for the screening. If you use facial moisturizer or other cosmetics that contain sunscreen, even if they have a low SPF, please remove them before the evaluation begins.
All members of the public are encouraged to attend and registration is not required.
For more information visit: www.bcbsri.com
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI To Hold Sun Safety Screenings
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield Announces Last Call for Medicare Enrollment
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Healthcare Education Campaign
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Incentive Program for PCPs
- NEW: RI Free Clinic Gets $75K From Blue Cross Blue Shield
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names First Diversity Officer
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield To Offer Free Blood Pressure Screenings
- NEW: Swim Guide App to Help Swimmers Find Clean Beaches
- 5 Weekend Musts: Bake On The Beach In Middletown + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Oakland Beach Carnival + More
- Block Island’s Town Beach Best in US—Coastal Living Magazine
- Rhode Island’s 10 Best Beaches