NEW: Alex and Ani Releases New Bangle to Benefit Women & Infants
Monday, May 07, 2012
The expandable wire bangle, which comes in Russian silver or Russian gold, is now on sale in Alex and Ani outlets and at Zen and Now, the Women & Infants gift shop. Alex and Ani will donate 20 percent of all sales of the lotus blossom bangle to Women & Infants.
Bangles as beautiful as the patients
“Women & Infants has served the varied health care needs of women for more than a century. Working with Alex and Ani to design a bangle that embodies the spirit, the strength and the beauty of women has been special,” notes Constance Howes, president and CEO of Women & Infants. “These bangles are beautiful, just like each one of our patients.”
Alex and Ani’s mission is to “design products that adorn the body, enlighten the mind, and empower the spirit,” according to Carolyn Rafaelian, owner of the company. When asked to design a bangle for Women & Infants, the company studied the hospital’s mission to find authentic qualities that its patients embody.
“The hospital has always been state-of-the-art and pristine down to the details with aromatherapy and nighttime stork dinners,” Rafaelian says. “The whole experience when my daughters were born was loving, warm and welcoming for the entire family.”
The lotus blossom: strength, eternity, connection
The lotus blossom, she adds, symbolizes strength, eternity and connection. The company further explains the meaning of the lotus on a card that accompanies each bangle.
“Spiritually enlightening and divinely beautiful, the lotus blossom charm reminds us that our relationships and shared hearts are the key to happiness,” the card reads.
For more Health and Fashion coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- Alex and Ani Creates HERO Charm Bangle to Benefit Hasbro
- Women & Infants Fellow Honored for Breast Cancer Research
- Alex and Ani Creates Limited Edition Charms for Newport Festivals
- Women & Infants Helps Cancer Survivors Conceive
- Alex and Ani Named One of Best Places to Work
- Women & Infants Reaches Out to Women on Pinterest
- Alex and Ani and Plan International USA Team to Create “Because I Am a Girl”
- Women & Infants New Program for High-Risk Pregnancies
- NEW: Alex and Ani Creates Commemorative Bangles for 9/11
- Women & Infants’ New Model Puts Moms and Newborns in Same Room
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Bryant University
- NEW: Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian RI Small Businessperson of the Year
- NEW: Women & Infants Named Center of Excellence for Neonatal Care