Miriam & Providence Community Library Seek RI “Women of Hope” Nominations
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Honoring Their Legacy
Today, the hospital—which sits just blocks away from its original footprint—continues to celebrate its place in women's history by teaming up with the Providence Community Library to recognize up to four local women to receive the annual Women of Hope award. Candidates should be women who have made significant contributions to the citizens of Rhode Island in the areas of arts, education, social services, business, health and medicine, volunteerism, community activism or politics. (All http://www.lifespan.org/tmh/about/neighbors/Nom%20FormWomenofHope2011.doc">nomination forms must be submitted by March 1; more information below.) Nominees should fall into one of two groups:
-Woman of History: Someone living or deceased who made a meaningful contribution to Rhode Island in the past.
-Woman Making History Today: An individual who is currently making a significant impact on the lives of other.
Award winners are recognized and celebrated in March as part of National Women's History Month. For 2011, the Women's History Month theme is "Our History is Our Strength." This year, instead of recognizing national honorees, local communities, organizations and institutions throughout the country are asked to honor women within their own communities or organizations.
For more information on the Women of Hope awards or to request a nomination form, call Monica Anderson at 793-4040 or email [email protected]. Forms are also available online at: www.lifespan.org/tmh/about/neighbors/Nom%20FormWomenofHope2011.doc The awards ceremony will be held on March 24 from 6:30-7:30pm at the Rochambeau Library, 708 Hope Street, Providence.
- Miriam Hospital’s Nurses Earn Prestigious National Honor
- National Women’s Health Week: Making Women’s Health a Priority
- New Study at Miriam Hospital Targets Weight Gain Prevention in Young Adults
- Review: Perishable’s Women’s Playwriting Festival
- Miriam Diet Expert: Carrots Top Cancer-Fighter Among Superfoods
- SNE Women’s Expo Returns Next Weekend
- Lung Cancer Vaccine Being Tested at Rhode Island & Miriam Hospitals
- Miriam Hospital Recognized for High-Quality Care in Bariatric Surgery
- Miriam Hospital’s Groundbreaking Breast Cancer Study