Lifespan Donates 50 Defibrillators To RI Communities
Friday, August 09, 2013
Lifespan Community Health Services and the Lifespan Community Training Center are making Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and education available through the Community Automated External Defibrillator Program. As part of the program, Lifespan will distribute 50 AEDs to cities, towns, and community organizations that qualify.
These AED devices can save lives when someone is suffering from cardiac arrest. Being able to rapidly access an AED device and provide CPR can greatly increase chances of survival for someone in cardiac arrest. “Each year, 460,000 people die from sudden cardiac arrest before emergency rescue services can reach them. Having an AED on site and trained CPR providers can mean the difference between life and death in these situations,” said Marianne Stepanian, R.N., cardiac project coordinator for Lifespan Community Health Services. “I’m pleased that we are able to make these AEDs available to Rhode Island communities since they can make such an incredible impact in cardiac arrest emergencies.”
In addition to providing the AED, Lifespan will also provide education on how to use the AED, as well as periodic compliance check-ups.
To learn more about AEDs and the Community Automated External Defibrillator Program, click here. To find out if your city, town, or community organization is eligible to receive a free AED, please call Marianne Stepanian, R.N., the cardiac project coordinator for Lifespan Community Health Service, at 401-444-8063 or email her at [email protected].
- Lifespan Faces Serious Financial Challenges
- NEW: State Senator Wants Lifespan Investigated
- Lifespan and its Subsidiaries Insured Offshore
- NEW: Timothy Babineau, MD, Appointed Lifespan President and CEO
- NEW: Lifespan CEO George Vecchione to Leave at End of 2012
- New Medical Center in East Greenwich for Lifespan
- NEW: Lifespan Names Eric Alper, MD, Information Services Director
- RI DBR Lacks Power Over Lifespan’s Offshore Businesses
- NEW: Lifespan Names New Chairman of the Board
- TRENDER: Lifespan’s Social Media Guru Nancy Cawley Jean
- NEW: Lifespan Officials Say Talks with City will Continue
- NEW: Lifespan and Gateway Healthcare Sign Intent to Affiliate Agreement
- NEW: OB/GYN Assoc. Joins Lifespan’s Women’s Medicine Collaborative