Kent Hospital To Offer Free Breast Health Screenings in October
Monday, September 23, 2013
In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, the hospital is partnering with the RI Department of Health Women’s Cancer Screening Program to provide the free health exams, which consists of a mammogram and clinical exam for women 40 and over.
The mammogram followed by the clinical exam will be performed at the Breast Health Center at Kent. Appointments can be scheduled starting in October 2013, by calling (401) 736-1988. All participants must be Rhode Island residents.
Breast Cancer Support Group
Kent Hospital also offers a breast cancer support group that meets every second Thursday of the month, from 6:30- 8 p.m., the next meeting will be held on October 10. Please note this support group is for women only. Additionally, there is a new breast cancer support group for couples and partners, which will meet the first and third Tuesday of each month, beginning October 1, from 4 – 5:30 p.m. Both groups meet in the Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Center conference room.
The support groups are informal and ongoing, bringing people together to share their experiences and problems related to cancer and to provide one another with comfort and help. Please use the Imaging Center entrance located next to Kent’s Emergency Department, 455 Toll Gate Road, Warwick, RI. The meetings are free, and breast cancer patients and their families are invited to attend.
Kent's Beast Health Center
The Breast Health Center at Kent draws on the expertise of specialty-trained physicians who are national leaders in breast health. This collaboration with Women & Infants Hospital enhances and broadens Kent Hospital’s commitment to providing its patients with access to the best possible care in this region. For more information log on to the website at www.kenthospital.org or call the Breast Health Center at 401-736-3737.
- ‘Bed of Nails’ Breast Implant Slows Cancer Growth: Brown Discovery
- NEW: Whitehouse Holds Roundtable Discussion to Announce Legislation to Battle Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2012 Events in RI
- New RI License Plate For Breast Cancer Support Now Available
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Hospital Seminar Discusses What Every Woman Should Know
- Olive Oil Offers Breast Cancer Survivors a Surprising Benefit
- Brown Study Finds New Links Between Alcohol, Diet, and Breast Cancer
- Rhode Island Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events
- CDC: RI Breastfeeding Rates Start Strong, Taper Off Long Term
- Wine Sales to Benefit Breast Cancer Awareness
- How Your Diet Puts You At Risk for Breast Cancer
- Women & Infants Breast Health Center Launches Survivor Clinic
- Kent Hospital To Offer Free Breast Health Screenings in October
- Women & Infants Fellow Honored for Breast Cancer Research
- Miriam Hospital’s Groundbreaking Breast Cancer Study