Journey & United Way 2-1-1 in RI Team to Offer 24 Hour Addiction Call Coverage
Friday, March 10, 2017
“The Journey is very excited about our partnership with United Way 2-1-1 Rhode Island. Now people seeking addiction recovery care for themselves, their family members, or patients have a quick and easy way to get reliable information and help. What could be easier than dialing 211?” said Kenneth L. Richardson Jr., President & CEO of the Journey to Hope, Health, & Healing, Inc.
Those in need can call 2-1-1 and are connected to UW2-1-1 RI’s certified Information Referral Specialist, trained by the licensed clinical team of The Journey, who will assess the needs of each caller and, if needed, transfer the caller to a Journey Recovery Information Specialist.
The Journey Recovery Information Specialist will answer questions and arrange for swift access to treatment. The calls are free and translators are available to assist callers.
All calls are kept confidential.
“Quick and effective access to help is vitally important for families and individuals dealing with opioid dependencies. Our call center is already available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The additional training and ongoing partnership with The Journey allows us to better serve Rhode Islanders in need,” says Angelo Miccoli, Senior Vice President and Director of Administration of United Way’s 2-1-1 in Rhode Island.
The Journey to Hope, Health & Healing Inc.
The Journey to Hope, Health, and Healing, Inc. offers Medication Assisted Treatment and counseling for people with opioid addictions along with Intensive Outpatient Therapy and Mental Health Counseling services at each of the clinics conveniently located in Johnston, Providence, and Westerly.
Related Slideshow: United Way Grantees - 2016-2019
- United Way of RI Presents Annual Community Awards
- United Way of Rhode Island and Hasbro Expand Summer Learning Initiative
- United Way of RI Recognizes Tocqueville Society Members at 30th Anniversary
- United Way of RI Announces Two New Hires and a Staff Promotion
- United Way of RI Announces $12 Million in Grants to be Awarded From 2016-19
- United Way & BankNewport Give $300K to Newport Afterschool Programs
- Brown’s Mike Martin to Headline United Way Event This Thursday
- United Way Invests $3 Million in Rhode Islanders
- United Way’s Young Leaders’ Feature Who’s Hot Dan Lawlor
- United Way Seeks Applications for Olneyville Community Fund Grants
- United Way of RI Now Accepting Applications for Nonprofit Funding
- United Way RI Brings Free Tax Services on Road With 8 Scheduled Events
- United Way of RI to Host Housing Summit on March 14
- United Way of RI Launching Executive Director Learning Series
- United Way Announce Major Promotions and Hires – Bennett, Chapman and Tan
- United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council Hosts Forum
- Edesia Founder Salem to Speak at United Way’s Learn With Leaders Event
- United Way of RI Announces 20 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Sites
- United Way of RI Awards $155,000 in Grants for Safe, Healthy & Affordable Housing
- United Way of RI Announces $3.1 Million in Grants to Kick Off New Grant Cycle
- RI Free Clinic Receives $150,000 Grant From United Way of RI
- United Way of RI Presents Awards to Campaign Leaders of Local Companies
- United Way of RI’s Miccoli Selected to National 2-1-1 U.S. Steering Committee
- United Way of RI Selects 11 Leaders to Executive Director Learning Circle Series