NEW: RI Medicare Non-Profit Receives $53.4 Million Federal Contract
Friday, July 25, 2014
“This award, on the part of CMS, acknowledges the positive role Healthcentric Advisors has played in improving the quality and safety of healthcare in Rhode Island. Again, our state will continue to serve as a national model for healthcare transformation initiatives,” said John Keimig, president and CEO of Healthcentric Advisors.
CMS awarded Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization contracts to 14 organizations across the country. In order to reach the initiatives set forth in the QIN-QIO contract, Healthcentric Advisors will be joined by Qualidigm, the current QIO in the state of Connecticut, as a subcontractor. Healthcentric Advisors and Qualidigm will administer the contract to all 6 New England states.
"Healthcentric Advisors and Qualidigm will work across New England on strategic initiatives such as reducing healthcare associated infections, reducing readmissions and medication errors, working with nursing homes to improve care for residents, supporting clinical practices in using interoperable health information technology to coordinate care, promoting prevention activities, reducing cardiac disease and diabetes, reducing health care disparities and improving patient and family engagement," a statement from Healthcare Advisors said. "The partnership will also provide technical assistance for improvement in CMS value based purchasing programs, including the physician value-based modifier program."
- NEW: 4 Hospitals to Receive Additional $7.1 Million in Medicare Payments
- Rhode Island’s ‘Medicare Millionaires’
- Social Security and Medicare – Democratic Punchlines
- NEW: Cicilline Says Budget Problems can be Addressed without Cutting Medicare
- NEW: Sen. Whitehouse’s Office Posts Online Map Showing RI Medicare Doughnut Hole Savings
- Medicare Fraud: How to Protect Yourself and Others
- NEW: Whitehouse Wants Seniors to Take Advantage of Medicare Open Enrollment
- NEW: Whitehouse Commends RI Winners of Medicare Innovation Advisors Program
- NEW: Langevin Highlights New Reports about GOP Plan to Cut Medicare
- NEW: CMS Reports $27M in Medicare Savings for RI Under ACA
- NEW: RI Congressional Leaders Fight to Prevent Medicare Cuts
- Smart Benefits: Will You Be Affected by the New Medicare Tax?
- State Wants Citizens to Help Fight Medicare Fraud
- Survey Reveals Disparities in Medicare Charges at Area Hospitals
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield Announces Last Call for Medicare Enrollment