Don’t Miss: Shades of Pink Fundraiser for Gemma Foundation
Saturday, September 14, 2013
The evening includes a sit-down chicken dinner, entertainment and a silent auction. All money generated from this event goes toward breast cancer awareness, education improving the quality of life and finding a cure for breast cancer.
More important than ever
Event organizer Sharyn Vicente said the need for greater visibility in this battle against breast cancer cannot be understated.
“Breast cancer is not just a woman’s disease," Vicente said. "It affects everyone and does not discriminate against race, religion, orientation or any other categories." Vicente quoted the statistics: “One in eight women will become diagnosed with the disease during their lifetime," she said. "One in 12 women will eventually die from this illness. More than 2,000 men will be identified as having breast cancer. Our fight is ensuring the public understands the severity of this disease.”
Shades of Pink
Shades of Pink was created by Vicente and Hilda Potrzeba in 2009. Both have more than a passing interest in this battle: they are breast cancer survivors. Their mission is raising funds to help the Gemma Foundation because that agency helps local families.
Vicente said the organization needs donations for the silent auction and volunteers to aid in their fundraising efforts. They can range from gift baskets to tickets to area events (concerts, sporting events, movies, etc.)
Funds are used for providing free transportation to and from breast cancer treatment centers, continuing with the Mobile Educational Resource Vehicle in local communities, and providing crisis intervention, Advocacy groups, Resource and Wellness Centers, Lectures and Support Groups.
Tickets to the event are $35 each. Anyone who is interested in purchasing tickets and/or donating auction items for this event may contact Vicente at (401) 726-5239 or e-mail at: email@example.com.
- How Your Diet Puts You At Risk for Breast Cancer
- Brooks Brothers Partners With Gemma Foundation for Fashion Show
- Miriam Hospital’s Groundbreaking Breast Cancer Study
- Gloria Gemma Foundation Launches New 10K Race For October
- NEW: Whitehouse Holds Roundtable Discussion to Announce Legislation to Battle Breast Cancer
- Gloria Gemma Foundation Announces Hearts of Hope Campaign for Valentine’s Day
- New RI License Plate For Breast Cancer Support Now Available
- Lace Up for Gloria Gemma 5K
- Olive Oil Offers Breast Cancer Survivors a Surprising Benefit
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2012 Events in RI
- Rhode Island Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Hospital Seminar Discusses What Every Woman Should Know
- Wine Sales to Benefit Breast Cancer Awareness
- Brown Study Finds New Links Between Alcohol, Diet, and Breast Cancer
- Women & Infants Fellow Honored for Breast Cancer Research