slides: Breaking and Entering Doc Holding Marijuana Suspended by RI HEALTH
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Roy M. Main, MD, a physician licensed in the state of RI but with offices in Mystic, Connecticut, entered the home in Westerly, according to documents filed with HEALTH, on August 10 between 3 and 4 in the morning, calling out for a friend named Bill (whose house he thought he was in). The home's owner awoke, subdued Main and held him until police arrived.
Main was arrested for felony breaking and entering. He told police he mistakenly believed he had entered the home of a friend who'd instructed him "to enter a side door of that house." Main entered the wrong house, though, through its garage entrance "because it had no side door."
According to HEALTH, Westerly police found two bags containing about six grams of marijuana in Main's vehicle, which smelled of marijuana smoke.
Main is suspended from practicing medicine in Rhode Island until further order.
See below for more Rhode Island healthcare professionals behaving in ways that have required suspension and other disciplinary actions from HEALTH.
- NEW: East Side Physician Marvin Kerzner MD Suspended From Practice
- NEW: RI Pharmacist Leo Blais Suspended For Dangerous & Lax Practices
- NEW: North Providence MD Suspended After Being Found Barricaded in Home with 19 Firearms
- NEW: Registered Nurse Suspended for Having Sex with MS Patient
- NEW: Nurse Suspended for Over-Prescribing Adderall, Ritalin, Xanax
- NEW: Smithfield Pharmacy Suspended For Prescription Violations
- First Sex, Then Drugs—Warwick Physician Suspended Second Time
- NEW: Pawtucket Physician Suspended for Involvement in OxyContin ‘Ring’
- NEW: Warwick Pharmacist Suspended For Unclean Practices
- NEW: Chiropractor Suspended for Sexually Massaging Young Patient
- NEW: Physician’s Assistant Suspended for Taking Kickbacks
- NEW: Cranston MD Suspended for Prescription Fraud
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended For Prescribing Controlled Meds For His Wife
- NEW: Doc Suspended For Prescribing Narcotics + More For Family
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Fondling Elderly Patient
- NEW: East Greenwich MD Suspended For Dangerous Prescriptions
- NEW: RI Hospital Nursing Assistant Suspended for Sexual Assault