Brown Launches Executive Master’s Program
Thursday, June 14, 2012
“Brown is making a University-level commitment to executive and professional education,” said J. Roderic Beresford, associate provost. “This first initiative seeks to create a community of leaders who can advance together on multiple fronts to grapple with critical challenges as this nation’s health care arena undergoes radical change.”
At a time when U.S. healthcare is undergoing significant change, the Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership draws on Brown’s public health, public policy, health economics, and evidence-based medicine. The program positions graduates to lead in the hospital, corporate, and public sectors, and to design and deliver patient services and sustainable fiscal health for their organizations. The program will begin in August of 2013.
Throughout the program, participants will apply new skills and knowledge to critical challenges they identify within the healthcare industry. Program participants will engage with faculty from the Brown Program in Public Health and the Alpert Medical School and with expert practitioners in the field as they expand their influence and their ability to create transformative change in the healthcare system.
“This program comes at a critical time, for the challenges in healthcare have never been greater. It prepares healthcare professionals not simply to administer and manage change, but to truly lead change,” said Reid Coleman, clinical associate professor of medicine at the Alpert Medical School and architect of some of the program's coursework.
- NEW: Brown Named Top 10 University to Work For in US
- NEW: Brown Names Russell Carey Executive VP of Planning/Policy
- NEW: Brown University Awards 9 Honorary Degrees at Commencement
- NEW: Brown to Hand Out Eight Honorary Doctorate Degrees
- Brown Discovery: High-Tech Early Detection of Cancer Cells
- Brown Research: Medicare Gym Benefits Lure Healthy Seniors
- Brown Research: More Water Can Protect Men from Bladder Cancer
- Brown Research: News on Caffeine + Alcohol
- Brown Research: Racial Bias in Nursing Homes
- Brown Research: Sexually Active Teens & Confidentiality
- Brown Research: Small Amounts of Pollen Triggers Kids’ Asthma
- Brown Researchers Create Living Model of Brain Tumor
- Brown Researchers Find New Dangers in Nicotine
- Brown Researchers Find Toxic Chemical in Cosmetics
- Brown U. Professor Wins National Science Award