RI Non-Profit Insight to Host Wine Tasting to Benefit Visually Impaired
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Insight, will host a fundraising wine tasting and auction at the Squantum Association.
The fundraising event will take place on Thursday, September 21 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $65 each.
Proceeds from the event will go to support a variety of programs for Rhode Islanders who are blind and visually impaired including workshops, in home training programs, support groups, low vision evaluations, summer youth programs, and the agency’s radio reading service.
During the event, Bottles Fine Wine will provide 16 wines that will all be available for tasting.
The identities of four of the wines will be masked and participants will be asked to “guess the grape” for a chance to win prizes during an end of the night raffle.
A selection of hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will also be available.
Insight Executive Director Christopher Butler said that there are nearly 60 auction items including a seven-day stay at a Hilton Head resort, an autographed Sandy Leon baseball from the Boston Red Sox, and tickets to see Patti LaBelle at Foxwoods.
Related Slideshow: RI’s Top Rated Nonprofits Ranked by Great Nonprofits
Rhode Island Tutorial and Educational Services
Location: 334 East Avenue, Pawtucket
Nonprofit Issue: Education
Mission: Rhode Island and Southeastern Mass. K-12 students and adults with learning difficulties, such as ADHD, Dyslexia, NLD, and language processing.
Gaits of Harmony Therapeutic Riding
Location: 2150 Tower Hill Road, Saunderstown
Nonprofit Issue: Animals, Disabilities, Health, Human Services, Sports
Mission: Gaits of Harmony provides all people with opportunities to educate, enrich and empower themselves in order to cope with the challenges of their daily lives through interaction with horses.
The Matty Fund Aka Matthew Siravo Memorial Fundation, Inc.
Location: PO Box 5300 Wakefield RI 02880 USA
Nonprofit Issue: Health, Philanthropy
Mission: The Matty Fund® will provide family resources, raise epilepsy awareness, promote patient safety and improve the quality of life for children and families living with epilepsy.
Rock-Paper-Scissors Childrens Fund Inc.
Location: Wakefield RI USA
Nonprofit Issue: International
Mission: Helping Vietnamese kids by supporting them at home, through school and with new opportunities to learn through art and music
Plan International Usa, Inc.
Location: 155 Plan Way Warwick RI 02886 USA
Nonprofit Issue: International
Mission: Plan strives to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of vulnerable children in developing countries by: Enabling children, their families and their communities to meet basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies; Fostering relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries; and Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rebecca Kagan: Why Young Professionals Should Join Nonprofit Boards
- NEW: Nonprofit Wins $81,000 Community Development Grant
- Cities, Universities & Nonprofits Spend Over $800k Lobbying Washington
- United Way of RI Now Accepting Applications for Nonprofit Funding
- Rhode Island Foundation Honors 5 Nonprofits with 2014 Best Practices Awards
- NEW: Major Nonprofits Announce Merger
- NEW: Lawmakers Call for Disclosure of Executives’ Pay for Nonprofits Receiving State Funds
- NEW: Government-Funded Nonprofit Lays off 8 Ahead of Financial Review
- State-Funded Nonprofit Paid 2 Directors $433k in 2010
- NEW: Rep. Carnevale Eyes Municipal Payments From Nonprofits
- Proposed 25 Percent Tax on Nonprofits Would Bring $28 Million to Providence
- Nonprofit for Abused Women Under Scrutiny: See the Allegations
- INVESTIGATION: Nonprofit Misspent Federal Funds, Accused of Endangering Abused Women
- NEW: Five RI Nonprofits Ranked as Best in Country
- NEW: Nonprofit Leader Guy Abelson Passes Away at 67
- Rhode Island’s Nonprofit of the Year 2015
- NEW: Providence Nonprofit Holding Water Bottle Drive for Flint
- Providence’s Nonprofits Face Diminished Dexter Donation Fund in 2016
- Boston Based Nonprofit Aquires Senior Property in Providence’s West End
- RI Foundation to Present Best Practice Awards to Five Nonprofit Organizations
- RI Foundation Names 14 Nonprofit Leaders to Watch
- New Nonprofit Law Center to Aid Low Income RI Residents
- Moore: Will RI Government Rules Close a Key Nonprofit?