New York Whines About Providence’s Pizza Prowess
Saturday, March 02, 2013
Certainly, if you are the self-proclaimed "Big Apple," you have 8.2 million people, and you are a city that never sleeps then you might be better at making pizza. Please, don't blame the ref.
1/46 the size
For New York, the loss to providence (a city with a population 1/46 the size) is an embarrassment and a clear indictation that Gotham should spend less time worrying about soda consumption and spend more time coming up with a better pie.
Most important ranking
Sure, Providence is on the fringe of bankruptcy and maybe we are best known for Mayor's with questionable legacies, but make no mistake about it - Travel & Leisure, located on Avenue of the Americas in New York City has spoken and New York has finished behind in one of America's most important rankings - Pizza.
Gotham writes: So, in short, we're all a bunch of crappy pizza-eating drunkards that can't make pizza as well as a city that tried to get calamari instated as an Official State Appetizer. On the bright side, though, it looks like New York pizziaolos aren't letting this little survey get them down. "Whoever did this survey doesn’t know anything about pizza," Grimaldi's general manager Dan Taormina told the Post. We demand to see some credentials.
- The Best Pizza in Rhode Island: Gourmet Pizzas
- NEW: Providence Has the 2nd Most Attractive People in US
- The Best Pizza in Rhode Island: Traditional Pizzas
- Al Forno Named Best Spot For Pizza In U.S
- NEW: Providence #3 in US in Pizza
- Best Pizza in Rhode Island - Nominate your Favorite
- NEW: Al Forno Named Top 25 Pizza Spot in US—Food & Wine
- NEW: Al Forno’s Pizza Best, Says Food Network Magazine
- Rhode Island’s Best Pizza Joints
- Rhode Island’s Best Pizza Strips