NEW: Providence’s Al Forno Featured as a Best Pizza Spot in the US
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
“Top chefs and legendary bakers are among the new breed of pizzaiolo who are just as fanatical about the temperature of their ovens as they are about the provenance of their ingredients,” said the magazine. “Here, F&W names the best places for pizza around the country from these new guard spots—including a Bay Area pizzeria that uses locally-milled flour—to century old East Coast institutions.”
One of the country's best
Food & Wine honored Al Forno for launching "a new era of ambitious cooking in Providence [in 1980] with their thin-crusted grilled pizzas topped with superfresh ingredients." The editors singled out Al Forno's Margarita Pizza (with house-made pomodoro, fresh herbs, two cheeses and extra virgin olive oil) as the signature item.
Al Forno shared New England honors with the legendary Santarpio's Pizza in Boston and Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven.
For the entire list, go here.
- Al Forno Named Best Spot For Pizza In U.S
- New York Whines About Providence’s Pizza Prowess
- Five Things: Al Forno, Providence
- Rhode Island’s Best Pizza Joints
- NEW: Al Forno Named Top 25 Pizza Spot in US—Food & Wine
- Rhode Island’s Best Pizza Strips
- NEW: Al Forno’s Pizza Best, Says Food Network Magazine
- The 12 Best Pizzas In New England 2013
- Best Pizza in Rhode Island - Nominate your Favorite
- The Best Pizza in Rhode Island: Gourmet Pizzas
- Food Find: Fried Calzones at Warren’s Federal Hill Pizza
- The Best Pizza in Rhode Island: Traditional Pizzas
- NEW: Providence #3 in US in Pizza
- Zagat Names #1 Pizza In Rhode Island
- NEW: RI to Create First (and Largest) Human Pizza in the World