NEW: Providence Snags Top Food Honor from Travel + Leisure
Monday, September 19, 2011
Standing on the winner's stand with culinary meccas New Orleans and San Francisco, the Creative Capital may want to change its nickname to the Culinary Capital, taking a phenomenal #3 spot in the country as one of the Best Cities for Foodies.
Travel + Leisure's latest ranking of America's Best Cities based on reader polls, gives Providence props on numerous, tasty fronts. "For Rhode Island foodies, farm-to-table is just the beginning," says T+L's Katrina Brown Hunt.
Local restaurants in the limelight
Providence beat out #4 New York City and #5 Chicago for the top echelon. Self-proclaimed foodie capital Portland, OR, came in at #6, followed in order by Seattle, WA, Savannah, GA, Charleston, SC, and San Antonio, TX.
Boston? Just the check, please. A paltry #23.
For the entire story, go here.
- Five Things: Chez Pascal, Providence
- Five Things: Nick’s On Broadway, Providence
- NEW: Providence #3 in US in Pizza
- NEW: Providence #27 Manliest City in America
- NEW: Providence Top City in America for Romance
- Providence 15th Best American City for Singles