Healthy Meals to Cook at Home Spaghetti Squash + Sundried Tomatoes
Friday, February 14, 2014
Spaghetti Squash with Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 pounds Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon fresh, chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sundried Tomatoes
- ¼ bunch Italian (flat) Parsley, chopped
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half. Place in a hotel pan with 2 cups of water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes at 350.
- Allow Spaghetti Squash to cool. Then remove seeds and flesh with fork.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add Garlic, Sundried Tomatoes and a dash of Salt & Pepper. Saute until Garlic is light brown.
- Add Spaghetti Squash. Then add chopped Parsley.
Related Slideshow: 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
A Charming Gift
Show your special someone that you cherish them this Valentine's Day by giving them a unique gift from Alex and Ani. The popular Rhode Island retailer has outdone themselves this Valentine's Day season offering a variety of gifts -- including bangles, wraps, and earrings. You can even personalize your piece with a cupid or heart charm.
Price: $28 and up
Buy it from: Alex and Ani, Providence, Cranston, Newport, East Greenwich
She adores it so why not indulge her? Pink Pineapple carries the best cashmere in the chicest styles. Choose a stunning black tunic to wear with winter boots or a bright sweater in a Palm Beach color to lift a dreary winter mood. Go ahead...make her Valentine's Day!
Price: $120 and up
Buy it from: Pink Pineapple, Newport, Portsmouth
Today's mini clips and barrettes are yesterday's glamorous 40's hair combs. The most fanciful and sparkly are at Karol Richardson. Just one of these irresistible little hair charmers will throw facets of light back at your smiling face in thanks. You'll love the candy counter experience so cast a spell with one (or two), made in France with Swarovski crystals.
Price: $4 and up
Buy it from: Karol Richardson, Newport
Lingerie is a traditional Valentine's Day gift but forget granny gowns and opt for an exquisite chemise in a sumptuous color. Blush of Montreal's Sweetest Sin chemise works for all women with its covered lace and quarter wire for support. The beauty of lace is that it draws attention but reveals little.
Price: For prices, click here or call
She'll love an iconic heart in sweet shimmering silver. Green River Silver Co. has outdone themselves with pendants, bracelets, and earrings of whimsical hearts to cherish. Better choose two as she'll surely want one close to her heart.
Price: $18 and up
Buy it from: Green River Silver Co., Bristol, Providence, Wickford
Luxurious Body Care
Thymes Goldleaf bath products make a stunning impression. Besides the packaging being festive and pretty, the jasmine, rose, and hyacinth draw a tapestry of scent on her skin. Put together a combination of bath powder, lotion, and soap and then give her an hour to herself, no questions asked. Your Valentine will find one hundred ways to thank you!
Buy it from: Kate & Company, Bristol
Valentine's Day Dinner
End Valentine’s Day on a romantic note this year with a spectacular dinner in Seasons at the Ocean House. Ocean House chefs will take you through five palate-enticing courses, each highlighting the best of the New England bounty. Celebrate one another and the passion that you share over a decadent dessert. What are you waiting for? Click here to make your reservation.
Price: $95/ per person (plus tax and gratuity); Wine pairing is an additional $40/ per person.
Buy it from: Ocean House, Watch Hill
A Beautiful Bouquet
Nothing says "I love you" on Valentine's Day like a wonderful bouquet of flowers. Express your love Valentine's Day beautiful and affordable flowers from A New Leaf. From romantic roses to impressive modern bouquets, A New Leaf offers nearly 50 unique Valentine's Day special that are sure to please even the most discerning eye.
Price: $34.95 and up
Buy it from: A New Leaf, Providence
A Music Lover's Dream
Does your Valentine have an affinity for Opera music? How about taking her to the Blithewold Mansion on Valentine's Day for a concert she'll never forget. Opera Providence will present “A Happy Valentine’s Day Concert” on Friday Friday, Feb. 14th, at 7pm and Sunday, Feb. 16th at 3pm at the Blithewold Mansion. The event features the voices of the Opera Providence Ensemble.
Price: All concert tickets are $40 per person. Tickets for the entire concert series are $75 per person.
Buy it from: Click here to purchase tickets or call 401-331-6060.
The Perfect Perfume
It's no secret that roses and Valentine's Day go hand in hand, but what about rose-scented fragrances? Think outside the box and get your special lady an all natural botanical perfume blended with real rose petals from Providence Perfume Company.
Price: $30 and up
Buy it from: Providence Perfume Co., Providence
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Farro, Pumpkin with Pomegranate Seed
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Roasted Beets with Kale and Farro
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Curried Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Shrimp Primavera
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Italian Style Beans
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Spooky Braised Short Ribs
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Sweet Potato Macadamia
- Healthy Meals To Cook At Home: Autumn Butternut Squash
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Chicken + Honey Mustard Pinwheels
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Artichoke and Lemon Spread
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Eggplant Caponata
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Barley + Red Quinoa Medley
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Kale + Farro Chicken Salad